Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Recording

manny

It just wasn't/isn't that great, that's all. Weren't popular then, the "vintage" bit has made it suddenly desirable in recent years. He did record with something similar.

rct

Hello Dave!

I just want to add that the Recording, - besides the clarity - can also provide all those familiar Les Paul tones too.

I often use it through the High-Z output and my regular pedal settings with overdrive. This way, it really sounds like any other LP with it's full-size humbuckers.

I think of it as a Les Paul with plus features, and not as a Les Paul with a handicap - as some seem to think about it.

Best wishes... Bence

Hello Ray!

Nadine is my sister`s 8 months young daughter.

On weekends, the weirdo uncle Ben arrives, with strange devices that make noise. She loves turning the pots :)

I - kind of - softly trying to draw Her attention on music...

My sister is not against, however She doesn't wants Her child to be forced to do things others might think is right for Her. She says, Nadine can become anything She wants to, as long as She decides to be a veterinarian. [biggrin] Otherwise, She is not against if Nadine will be the next Orianthi, - strictly - on weekends only.

Cheers... Bence

She doesn't wants Her child to be forced to do things others might think is right for Her. She says, Nadine can become anything She wants to, as long as She decides to be a veterinarian. [biggrin] Otherwise, She is not against if Nadine will be the next Orianthi, - strictly - on weekends only.

Hey Bence

I'm with that totally... All the while my son and daughter were wee ones, I was in bands non stop back then (you could actually make some money on this stuff back in the 80s) and we were around other musicians constantly.

My (now 35) son is an excellent drummer.. (yea, I know, go figure, had had guitars, but it wasn't for him) he knows enough on guitar to get around and get his point across. at least that much rubbed in.

My daughter (33), never really had an interest.

it's all a crap shot, at least she'll be exposed.

/Ray

The Les Paul Recording is a great tool. In my opinion, the pickups are among the most ingenious ever. I think they should have reintroduced the long-travel Tune-O-Matic on the reissue model, made them with a massive body, and omitted the Bigsby.

However, I also think they should bring back the tarback pickups, neck volutes, and the deep 1970's neck set on SGs. It took Fender so long until they reissued the big Stratocaster headstocks, so perhaps not all hope is lost for this legendary but underrated Gibson guitar, and I might even live to see that.

Archived