Gibson Brands Forums

OKKO DIABLO

Karloff

Hello!

I do own an exact copy of it. The Gain+ version.

It`s a Tube Screamer, but more flexible - as far as tone adjustments are concerned. TS` tends to lack bottom-end. This one isn`t.

Best moderate-gain OD effect I used so far.

It is also attack-sensitive. If You pick lightly, cleaner You sound.

I can highly recommend it, if You like TS-like OD.

Best wishes... Bence

Hello!

I do own an exact copy of it. The Gain+ version.

It`s a Tube Screamer, but more flexible - as far as tone adjustments are concerned. TS` tends to lack bottom-end. This one isn`t.

Best moderate-gain OD effect I used so far.

It is also attack-sensitive. If You pick lightly, cleaner You sound.

I can highly recommend it, if You like TS-like OD.

Best wishes... Bence

thats the exact one i've been looking at. the gain +, the 2nd switch fattens it up nice doenst it ?

...the 2nd switch fattens it up nice doenst it ?

The "Plus" switch activates the second-stage of the effect, which is controlled by the "PLUS" pot, which could be called "LEVEL" as well.

When You need some extra volume, press it. It works together with the "LEVEL" pot (of first-stage). If You set the "LEVEL" at - let's say - 75%, then You have to adjust the "PLUS" higher to achieve any effect when it's activated.

It give You some extra boost for leads.

Best wishes... Bence

Also, check out the channel "GregsGuitars". You'll hear the Okko with every guitar you can think of. Really great playing too.

-Ryan

+ 1

Greg is a hell of a player and he uses the OKKO the way it gives you

an enhanced tone and getting the most of the touch sensitifity from

this great pedal.

I got one and it is always on. Can only recommend it!

Also, check out the channel "GregsGuitars". You'll hear the Okko with every guitar you can think of. Really great playing too.

-Ryan

yep, thats where i first heard of the pedal. seeing everyones LP Special DC's on this forum, got me wanting one, so i youtubed LP Special ..., and his videos came up. great tone, great player. really like his videos. gonna have to buy his cd's

+ 1

Greg is a hell of a player and he uses the OKKO the way it gives you

an enhanced tone and getting the most of the touch sensitifity from

this great pedal.

I got one and it is always on. Can only recommend it!

thnx DC, i know it sounds great how he uses it. im interested

-Ryan

You beat me to it!

Gregor Hilden is a fantastic player from Denmark and he's fairly notable all over Europe. He's done alot of Peter Green tribute work and helps support Blues shows in Denmark all the time...

http://www.gregorhilden.de/

He's a very talented guitarist and does play that Okko on EVERYTHING!

He obviously loves it!

He's a guitar seller and buys & sells quality guitars in Denmark & Europe and has exceptional examples of highly sought after guitars and he demos every one of them on YouTube. He has literally hundreds upon hundreds if not thousands of demo vids on YouTube and you could spend days watching them...

You beat me to it!

Gregor Hilden is a fantastic player from Denmark and he's fairly notable all over Europe. He's done alot of Peter Green tribute work and helps support Blues shows in Denmark all the time...

http://www.gregorhilden.de/

He's a very talented guitarist and does play that Okko on EVERYTHING!

He obviously loves it!

He's a guitar seller and buys & sells quality guitars in Denmark & Europe and has exceptional examples of highly sought after guitars and he demos every one of them on YouTube. He has literally hundreds upon hundreds if not thousands of demo vids on YouTube and you could spend days watching them...

Greg is from Germany not Denmark!

Greg is from Germany not Denmark!

I stand corrected...

His website is hosted in Denmark... Hence the ".DE" which led to my misconception...

Gregor Hilden

Street: Hammer Str. 41 City: Münster Zip-Code:48153 Country: Germany

I also think I saw a couple live performances on YouTube in some music festivals in Denmark that also led me to believe that's where he's from...

Hello!

".DE" - for Deutschland.

Gregor is great! Whichever guitar You are interested about, He does have a video for it.

His videos turned my attention over to OKKO Diablo.

Cheers... Bence

".DE" - for Deutschland.

Well, U learn sumthin' new every day if you have an open mind...

Thanks for the info and correcting my misconception! I hate thinkin' I know sumthin' and it turns out I'm wrong...

I will commit this to my memory for future reference...

Well, U learn sumthin' new every day if you have an open mind...

Thanks for the info and correcting my misconception! I hate thinkin' I know sumthin' and it turns out I'm wrong...

I will commit this to my memory for future reference...

Lol

The one that continuously got me was .CH Switzerland, not Czech republic. My brother lives in CH which is how I found out.

" I hate thinkin' I know sumthin' and it turns out I'm wrong..." Jimi Mac, I once thought I'd made a mistake. Thank goodness, I was mistaken.

The one that continuously got me was .CH Switzerland, not Czech republic. My brother lives in CH which is how I found out.

" I hate thinkin' I know sumthin' and it turns out I'm wrong..." Jimi Mac, I once thought I'd made a mistake. Thank goodness, I was mistaken.

Yea, the Confoederatio Helvetica thing in Switzerland threw me off when I spent time there.

Also, I never understood why country names have langauge translations.

So Deutschland is Germany in English or Alemania in Spanish...who translated this stuff?

Yea, the Confoederatio Helvetica thing in Switzerland threw me off when I spent time there.

So Deutschland is Germany in English or Alemania in Spanish...who translated this stuff?

Suomi - Finland. That's a good one.

Suomi - Finland. That's a good one.

Sweden - Sverige

Hungary - Magyarország

but the funniest:

Republic of Armenia - Հայաստանի Հանրապետություն (Hayastani Hanrapetutyun)

(With due respect)

Cheers... Bence

Yes.

For example: the sumerians. We call them after their akkadian description. But they called their country kiengyir. They spoke a language, called the amegyir...

Or...Hungarians ("hungarus" in medieval latin texts.) Who came up with that silly term? Magyar is the proper name for the people and the country. Huns were one ethnic ingredient of Magyar nations. It's silly to name a bigger entity after a part of it. Other sources called us "turks"...insane!

My family name "Toth" comes from the proto-indo-european word "tewteh" (Irish/Gaelic "tauth") which means people. This word is the root of today's - previously mentioned - term "deutsch". It's still used in Hungarian language for describing - guess who - the Slowakians. :D

(Sorry)

Cheers... Bence

Archived