Gibson Brands Forums

New LP Missing Part of Logo!

oceantracks

Took delivery on a 2014 LP Traditional today, from an out of town dealer I use.

The guitar is BEAUTIFUL, and right out of the box plays like a dream....first time I've ever had that happen with a Gibson.

I've had it a few hours and just now noticed something weird....the "N" of Gibson on the headstock is faded out.....

The guitar is so perfect I would not want to return it. But has anyone seen this before?

post-1834-003811600 1402100165_thumb.jpg

To me it looks like a natural variation of mother of pearl. I wouldn't be annoyed about if it played and sounded to my desire.

The MOP inlays on my Gibsons strongly vary with lighting and viewing angle. Despite of that and the ripple of the finish surfaces around them, I wouldn't swap them with silkscreened ones which I also have on some Gibson instruments, golden and silver as well.

Well.. as we know it won't effect the playability of the guitar but it does look off to me.

Since you probably bought it 'sight unseen' from an online retailer.. and if you like the playing of it.. just send them a picture and ask for a discount on the guitar and it will be a 'bonus' then.

BTW can we see the rest of it please.

Well.. as we know it won't effect the playability of the guitar but it does look off to me.

its been debated that the missing N will inevitably change the tone of the guitar.

Since you probably bought it 'sight unseen' from an online retailer.. and if you like the playing of it.. just send them a picture and ask for a discount on the guitar and it will be a 'bonus' then.

BTW can we see the rest of it please.

Herewith I want to expressively confirm this request. [love][biggrin]

its been debated that the missing N will inevitably change the tone of the guitar.

Yes, absolutely. It will deliver toe instead of tone... :---)[rolleyes][flapper][lol]

Herewith I want to expressively confirm this request. [love][biggrin]

Yes, absolutely. It will deliver toe instead of tone... :---)[rolleyes][flapper][lol]

Here's a quick shot of it....

I think the dealer....someone I do a lot of business with and not the typical online dealer....already gave me a rock'n deal so I'm not going to ask. It will just have to be my little sword to bear.

Meanwhile, I use this guitar for recording only, and so far, adding it to tracks, and replacing tracks originally done on a Strat, is an...ear opening ...experience. I just love the sound of this thing. I forgot how sonically huge they can be lol

thanks all!

Tom

post-1834-056607900 1402194078_thumb.jpg

Here's a quick shot of it....

I think the dealer....someone I do a lot of business with and not the typical online dealer....already gave me a rock'n deal so I'm not going to ask. It will just have to be my little sword to bear.

Meanwhile, I use this guitar for recording only, and so far, adding it to tracks, and replacing tracks originally done on a Strat, is an...ear opening ...experience. I just love the sound of this thing. I forgot how sonically huge they can be lol

thanks all!

Tom

What a nice looking axe. [wub] Congrats on your great purchase, mate! [thumbup]

Archived