Gibson Brands Forums

Help with some Epi ES 339 questions?

rmcfee

I was lucky today and bought a used ES 339 Epi with a Natural finish. I love it and was wondering why it's pickguard does not have the big E on it? Also, unlike a new one at the store it does not say "Made In China" on the back of the headstock. I can't find any marks on the inside label or elsewhere that tells where it's made.

Could it be an older one? If so, would it still have the same pickups as a new one? It does have Grover Deluxe tuners that look like Klusons but appear to be sealed. Thanks for any help!

The E probably fell off. You hear of this happening all the time around here.

Can you post the serial #? That's the only way to know where and when it was made.

Pics would also help. :)

Could it be an older one?

I don't think there are any older ones. Epi first produced 339s in, what, 2011? The original owner may have just removed the made in china sticker. Like brad says, what's the serial number? I love my 339.

Check the color of the f hole label also. All the chinese ones have a brownish tan label. Indonesian and Korean ones are orange. Those Es wont stay on very long....Epi should really go back to sticker ones instead of those metal ones.

Archived