Gibson Brands Forums

Rival Sons - Nobody's Fault But Mine

Riffster

Not bad,I almost busted out in a clog..

Sounds like some of the music we'd hear at hootnannys or festivals back in the day which were a part of growin' up in East Tennessee..

Cool Riffster thx.

X

Yea, they were great, all of them.

The guitar player knows his craft, the lead singer is insane, I do not know how somebody can sing like that and be able to talk the next days.

The drums and bass (new bass player) were more than solid.

They sounded better live than their records since all their records sound a little loud to me, not distorted but it seems a lot of sound of the CD is on the same range, not sure if it is compression or the masterization.

Nice, He appears to be using a jetslide, or similar slide.

Interesting. I always just stick it on my pinkie if I need to fret any notes in the song, but I prefer the slide on my ring finger. Maybe I'll give one of these a try.

Nice, He appears to be using a jetslide, or similar slide.

jetslide link

My link

Never seen that before...interesting. I am going to give one of those a try. Thanks for that.

And thanks also to the OP for posting the song. I was dubious when I clicked on it (I love the Led Zep version) but I have to say I really enjoyed it. Good singer and good guitar work and what a fantastic moustache that guitarist sports!

These guys are in the charts in England and some countries in Europe but somehow have not succeeded in the US yet.

After seeing how he used that slide at the show I really been trying to look into buying one. I use my slide on my ring finger but then fingering suffers. I knew about these slides before from when I was shopping for slides but I went the traditional route, after seeing play it sure makes me want one.

The guitar player is a total "custom" guy, he played like 5 highly customized Firebirds with TV Jones pickups and bigsbys a Jazzmaster and a P90 guitar that I do not remember, all seem one-offs and then he has a that hipsterish look.

Surpup, he used that slide for the song "Good Things", with that fuzzy cocked wah sound...the guy knows his craft.

Archived