Gibson Brands Forums

Come see the New 2013 Gibsons!!!

Blueblooded

So while the new 2015 Gibson models are making their way into my local Guitar Center stores, I noticed at one of my local stores that they just got in and hung on the wall about 5 or 6 brand spankin new 2013 Les Paul Traditional Pro models. There was a black one, a gold top, a wine red one with quite a bit of flame, and two vintage sunburst ones. I think there was a natural one with a 50's neck too. I asked one of the salesmen about them and he said they just came in from the distribution center but he didn't know much more about it. All of them were hung next to each other and priced at $1999.00. I'm really jonesing for one of the vintage sunburst ones. GC has a 15% off deal going on right now too... AAAGH! I must maintain control and stay away!! :angry:

So, when all those 2014's and overpriced 2015's don't sell, you may see them pop up in a few years at a store near you.

It's like always with Gibson. They never discontinued them, just didn't make them for a while. Think of massive Les Paul backs where it applied for thirty years, at least to Gibson USA models. [biggrin] In modern times, CNC programs can be recalled and tools reinstalled, and so they resume making what sells. [rolleyes]

I think it's strange the 2014 studios are like $985.00 and the older left over 2013 models are still around $1200.00 what's with that.I wanted a 2013 studio 70's tribute with the dirty fingers pickups but they are hard to find and still priced more than a 2014 studio?

Archived