Gibson Brands Forums

Opinions on Marshall MA series amps

FirstMeasure

I had an MA50 head and cab. Could not get a decent sound out of it. Highly unrecommended. Cheap does not equal cheerful.

I had a feeling this was the case. Tube Marshall at a bargain price was just too good to be true.

Wow,,

Where you been hiding dude?

Welcome back.

You should check out the Blackstar stuff.

Pretty impressive.

Thanks! I don't know what happened, I just kind of fell off line LOL.

I've been wanting to try out a Blackstar 212 combo, and after Axe's review I think I'll give one a serious try.

Oh cripes,,, AXE® AXE® AXE®

Hell I bought a Blackstar what? ,, 7 days before he did and nobody gave a rats a$$.

LOL.

But seriously.

Check them out. I never even knew about them before I called my local shop and they told me about them. (They just started selling them after the owner attended the last NAMM show).

I took one out to try for a week and damn! I was really impressed.

I can't imagine anyone not liking it. Purists be damned.. lol.

Good to see you back here.

Oh cripes,,, AXE® AXE® AXE®

Hell I bought a Blackstar what? ,, 7 days before he did and nobody gave a rats a$$.

LOL.

But seriously.

Check them out. I never even knew about them before I called my local shop and they told me about them. (They just started selling them after the owner attended the last NAMM show).

I took one out to try for a week and damn! I was really impressed.

I can't imagine anyone not liking it. Purists be damned.. lol.

Good to see you back here.

Sorry I missed yours! lol

I actually just did a search for Marshall and that thread came up, I'll be checking our a Blackstar today. Can't wait.

It seems I haven't had more than a minute to get on the computer lately, that's really why I'm never on here anymore. It's tough to keep in the conversation when I can only post every couple days.

The Orange CR120C Crush Pro Series 2x12 Combo (or head and cab) appear to be a pretty good attempt at a cut price Rockaverb from all reports/reviews. I've tried out the head and it was pretty rockin' with some tasty reverb options on board. [thumbup]

Solid state so that might be an issue for some I realise, but for anyone reading this thread with similar needs and budgets I'd encourage to at least try these as part of the mix along the way to making a decision.

Archived