Gibson Brands Forums

Harrison Ford...

jaxson50

Fact of the day;At age 35, Harrison Ford was fitting a door for Francis Ford Coppola when a studio executive asked the handyman to take a break and read lines with actresses who were testing for a new film. The film was Star Wars.

True, but not exactly. George Lucas had already worked with Ford in American Graffiti in 1973 so he wasn't exactly an unknown to Lucas. And Ford had been knocking around Hollywood doing bit parts since 1966.

1. Go into Cunningham Cabin in Teton, turn right, walk to the north wall, slightly west, towards the mountains, his name up there but he put his address as LA CA, even though he can see Cunningham Cabin from his house with binoculars.

2. Saw him at Flagg Ranch in 2010 having a drink with a very nice looking lady. Mrs and I opted not to bother him.

3. Saw him at Jackson Lake Lodge in 2011, out at the bar deck, having a drink with a very nice looking lady. We sat at the next table and had a beverage ourselves, you can't go there and not enjoy that view and have a cocktail. We didn't speak to them, just nodded.

I wouldn't want his money, fame, or women. Just his house and life in that valley, that would do me!

rct

Fact of the day;At age 35, Harrison Ford was fitting a door for Francis Ford Coppola when a studio executive asked the handyman to take a break and read lines with actresses who were testing for a new film. The film was Star Wars.

As they also say, when the legend becomes fact print the legend.

1416443378[/url]' post='1592685']

All I know (or think I do) is that he was a part time carpenter, part time actor, who happened to work on some celeb houses. Guess it beat waiting on tables...

He was and still is very handy with a hammer, he had some bit parts on TV and in a handful of movies and one credited roll in American Graffiti. But he was actually a stage hand for The Doors and built a sound studio for Sergio Mendes. He was making more money building houses and doing odd jobs around Hollywood and Palm Springs until that day. He suggested to Lucas that he kill off Hans Solo in Return of the Jedi, Lucas declined.

Archived