Gibson Brands Forums

Any Rotomatic love ?

PiedmontPicker

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Anthony!

One additional question for you....how do you feel about the often mentioned 'upgrading' of tuning machines to Waverly brand ones? Some people won't leave home without them, while others appear to think they are just expensive wastes of time......any comment?

BluesKing777.

Mister Buckeridge -

1 - Not sure I would want you as president or prime minister, but seriously believe you should occupy a position as ministry official.

Not only for one single ministry - You should circulate them all.

I'm almost certain your abilities as over-viewer and analyst would help cleaning up a lot of mess in the different departments.

This would improve the standard of political decisions and general statego - plus raise the bar for the way they are presented in public,

(as you should work as technical, not image-wise, adviser too). The overall consequences would be unmeasurable.

I therefore in as straight a voice as possible suggest you begin the search for such a job. After all there must be a lot of them available.

And if and in case something like it appears in the newspaper or wherever, please step forward with an application.

And don't - for heavens sake - hesitate to use your contributions here as examples on your curriculum vitae. For you then, there'll be no queue.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2 - Can I ask :

What do you play yourself - musical style, model(s), burst/natural, types of wood, strings, picks/claws, capos, , , and of course tuning pegs. . .

I wish you the best ~ and loads of good luck

E-minor7

Thanks Anthony!

One additional question for you....how do you feel about the often mentioned 'upgrading' of tuning machines to Waverly brand ones? Some people won't leave home without them, while others appear to think they are just expensive wastes of time......any comment?

BluesKing777.

I can't believe you did that....

Thanks Anthony!

BluesKing777.

sorry, double post

They do. They're the Grover 135 series. Straight swap, no messing about.

Those have two screws in them and Rotomatics have one, so to install them how they are meant to be you would have to drill. I suppose that you could just use the one screw, but why cant they make a version that just has one?

"Not only for one single ministry - You should circulate them all." said Em7....

fair observation Em7 but perhaps not an economic portfolio because AB Does Have A Tendency To Overcapitalize... [wink]

We had an election (State) yesterday and full of it is the name of that game, but I got such a nice personalised letter from the Premier and then such a nice phone call that overrode my answering machine somehow and burbled on about, well, crap.....that I felt it was my duty to go line up with the other sheep and vote for someone else! So, government jobs can be fickle, short lived affairs that culminate in helping the chief do the shredding late Saturday night after the disaster poll result and fleeing in the dark windowed bus with the other staff when all evidence is burned......

The speech style seemed a bit familiar though!

BluesKing777.

And I also wanted to say in the words of the genius Scott Pakin,

My complaint about Mr. Dave Buckeridge

Although I have no criticism of Mr. Dave Buckeridge's revenge fantasies, I have a few observations and comments to share. The following paragraphs are intended as an initial, open-ended sketch of how bad the current situation is. Mr. Buckeridge recently began creating a desolation and calling it peace. Once again, he has made a mockery of his pledge not to be so sinful. It's too bad that Mr. Buckeridge lacks the decency to admit that his comrades all have serious personal problems. In fact, the way Mr. Buckeridge keeps them loyal to him is by encouraging and exacerbating these problems rather than by helping to overcome them.

Implying that Mr. Buckeridge is a bearer and agent of the Creator's purpose is no different from implying that the sky is falling. Both statements are ludicrous. He looks down with a really limitless condescension on anyone who has not been dragged through the obligatory schools and had the necessary knowledge pumped into him. For proof of this fact I must point out that I've heard him say that he would never dream of letting us know exactly what our attitudes should be towards various types of people and behavior. Was that just a slip of the lip, or is Mr. Buckeridge secretly trying to let us know exactly what our attitudes should be towards various types of people and behavior? The only clear answer to emerge from the conflicting, contradictory stances that he and his apologists take is that he has called people like me sneaky, bellicose saboteurs, brutal lethargic-types, and mischievous schmendriks so many times that these accusations no longer have any sting. Mr. Buckeridge indeed continues to employ such insults because he's run out of logical arguments. I suppose an alternate explanation is that I never intend to offend anyone, Mr. Buckeridge included. Alas, the following statement may upset a few people: Mr. Buckeridge's memoranda are founded on bald-faced lies. Some people squirm a bit when they they read things like that, but such statements are the key to explaining why if Mr. Buckeridge is going to make an emotional appeal then he should also include a rational argument.

I feel that writing this letter is like celestial navigation. Before directional instruments were invented, sailors navigated the seas by fixing their compass on the North Star. However, if Mr. Buckeridge were to trick them into fixing their compass on the wrong star they'd soon be so off-course that they'd actually be willing to help him turn dirtbags loose against us good citizens. I'm inclined to think that he fully intends to replace the search for truth with a situationist relativism based on tartarean triumphalism. But that's not enough, not for him. Mr. Buckeridge will additionally let churlish falsifiers run rampant through the streets, which is why I proclaim that I receive a great deal of correspondence from people all over the world. One of the things that impresses me about all of it is the massive number of people who realize that his grand plan is to play on people's irrational fears. I'm sure Mao Tse Tung would approve. In any case, by Mr. Buckeridge's standards, if you have morals, believe that character counts, and actually raise your own children—let alone teach them to be morally fit—you're definitely a linguacious, immature pamphleteer. My standards—and I suspect yours as well—are quite different from his. For instance, I truly insist that it has been said that we cannot get away from the adamantine and tenebrous fact that by an odd twist of fate, I find it most unfortunate that this letter had to be written. I, in turn, warrant that Mr. Buckeridge's legatees actually believe the bunkum they're always mouthing. That's because these types of frightful maggots are idealistic, have no sense of history or human nature, and they think that what they're doing will improve the world one day. In reality, of course, Mr. Buckeridge's most patronizing tactic is to fabricate a phony war between sappy libidinous-types and the most unbalanced nincompoops you'll ever see. This way, he can subjugate both groups into prosecuting, sentencing, and labeling people as doctrinaire chiselers without the benefit of any evidence whatsoever. I undeniably don't want that to happen, which is why I'm telling you that seeing Mr. Buckeridge succeed at calling for ritualistic invocations of needlessly formal rules has left me with a number of unanswered questions—questions such as “What would his response be if someone suggested that he immerses his writings in clever hyperbole to shroud his true goal of yielding this country to the forces of darkness, oppression, and tyranny?”

I've repeatedly pointed out to Mr. Buckeridge that his primitive rejoinders are a carcinogen that has been eating away at our society and eventually will kill us all. That apparently didn't register with him, though. Oh, well; I guess innocent children have been brainwashed by Mr. Buckeridge's temerarious, wishy-washy smear tactics. (Yes, I am starting a grassroots campaign with the sole purpose of stopping Mr. Buckeridge, but that's an entirely different story.) I contend that there is more wisdom to be found in three of Aesop's fables than in the sum total of everything that Mr. Buckeridge has ever written. Okay, that was a facetious statement. This one is not: Mr. Buckeridge's attendants believe that Mr. Buckeridge knows the “right” way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli. Although it is perhaps impossible to change the perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish nevertheless to contribute to the intellectual and spiritual health of the body politic.

Bleeding-heart defeatism is a disgrace to humanity but it cannot be eliminated by moral lectures or by pious intentions. No, it can be eradicated only if we step up to the plate and set the stage so that my next letter will begin from a new and much higher level of influence. It is not news that Mr. Buckeridge's metanarratives have earned him opprobrium, suspicion, resentment, and hatred. What speaks volumes, though, is that while he's out procuring explosive devices, gasoline, and detonators for use in an upcoming campaign of terror, the general public is shouldering the bill. Sadly, this is a bill of shattered minds, broken hearts and homes, depression and all its attendant miseries, and a despondency about Mr. Buckeridge's attempts to prop up corrupt despots around the world. Help me challenge rather than accommodate the mainstream's presuppositions. Join your hands with mine in this, the greatest cause of our time.

By the way…if you have Rotomatics with "Made in USA", and "Patent pending" in raised letters on the back….they are worth a lot to collectors if they are working…..A LOT…...

Tell me more wily, I have a set on my 69 Guild that I was going to change to an open back set

By the way…if you have Rotomatics with "Made in USA", and "Patent pending" in raised letters on the back….they are worth a lot to collectors if they are working…..A LOT…...

How much is a 'Lot", OWF?

Like Beverly Hillbillies lots? Black gold!!!!

That's what is on my old 1976 metal body Dobro!

BluesKing777.

Archived