Gibson Brands Forums

Where have all the Gibson's gone?

Flight959

Guys,

Took a trip into London today to visit Denmark Street. If you dont know, Denmark Street is well known for every shop being a guitar/music shop. I was last there about 6 months ago to admire the huge collection of mainly second hand Gibsons. When I visited today amongst say 10 shops I counted a total of just 5 Gibson guitars between shops.

There was one R9 two R8's one LP Custom and a double neck SG! There wasnt even an Epiphone in sight although the uninterested wife said she saw one..

Where have all the Gibson guitars gone.....

Oh dear!

Flight959

Flight. Agreed. Denmark St just aint what it used to be.

Johnt and I will be meeting up there again soon so I'll let you know.

They do a fine pint of London Pride in The Tottenham though! - opposite Tottenham Court Road tube station. I suspect that's where Johnt and I will end up.

Hey Flight' date=' did you play any of those reissues?[/quote']

No mate! The R0 and the R9 were in the shop window and the guy looked at me like I wasnt worthy... The R8 was in a shop which sells old and vintage guitars hanging high on the wall... I was met by the same bad attitude in there... The R8 was a 2007 model.... Had an AWSOME top...nice tiger stripes...

I was with the wife.... who pretended to be interested!.... That thought was at the back of my mind...

Flight959

Flight. Agreed. Denmark St just aint what it used to be.

Johnt and I will be meeting up there again soon so I'll let you know.

They do a fine pint of London Pride in The Tottenham though! - opposite Tottenham Court Road tube station. I suspect that's where Johnt and I will end up.

Give me some advanced notice and I might meet and have a few jars with you guys!

Flight959

Archived