Gibson Brands Forums

NGD-J15

Srm1

Bought my first Gibson the other day. I read all I could find and watched all the videos on the J15, so when a deal on a used guitar didn't pan out, it was off to Guitar Center. I wanted to try a J15 and found it to be all it was supposed to be, a great affordable Gibson. I played a lot of guitars that day, and the J15 was by far the best deal in the store, so I took it home with me. I was really planning on spending about half what I did, but it was money well spent and I am quite happy with my purchase. [cool]

Congrats on your first Gibson acoustic- The J-15 is a great way to get a nice solid Gibson whose value will hold up to the test of time as good as, if not better than, some of the more affordable brands. And, Gibsons are cooler ; ).

'Haven't played a walnut Gibson since the Jackson Browne, but they have a unique sound, and the appearance of some of the walnut wood sets can be quite dramatic... Hopefully, you'll post some pics of yours, if you can put it down long enough. Enjoy your NGD/Wk/Season. Welcome to the Forum, too.

Congratulations SRM1, I've had my J-15 since February.

I love the J-15. It is a high quality instrument.

My poor J-200 has not been getting as much play time since I have owned the J-15. Don't get me wrong the J-200 is a fabulous guitar. I'm just still in the honeymoon phase I guess.

Love that J-15!

SRM1, Congrats! There is absolutely nothing like a New Guitar DAY. And it stretches out into a week ! Then a month! Not like a new car or a new house - only fellow new Gibson owners (like on this forum) can truly appreciate your joy! I think you hit upon a good formula - 'spend 2x what your budget/wife/bank account tell you that you should'. This is an investment that can easily become a life long way of life. I tell young people starting out with their student guitars - there may be days when your guitar might be your best friend , so treat it well. Now, you can challenge yourself to increase your ability twice what you are at now ! G'Luck !! Jim

Really enjoying the J15, expecting the honeymoon to go on for quite some time. I work construction, and next rain or snow day I'll take some pic's and post them. If it's okay, I'll put up some pictures of my Martin SWD Red Birch. I think it's kind of cool that my two favorite guitars are both made from wood native to the USA. This Gibson has definitely caused an increase in my playing time. Keep pickin' my guitar brothers and sisters.

Archived