Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

slk

It plays great like it is. I have found one potential problem which is minor. The output jack did move a little last night, and the nut was a tad loose. I thought they were not suppose to rotate?????? I will tighten up the nut and call it good for now. I did notice that they were made in Indonesia and not China. Don't know if that is a good thing or not but the quality sure seams to be there with this one.

Output Jack Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack

Metal Output Jack Plate

Any advise is welcome

Steve

005_zpsec7528dd.jpg

004_zps445a84c0.jpg

003_zpsa1b34053.jpg

002_zps339b288b.jpg

001_zpsb6492650.jpg

It plays great like it is. I have found one potential problem which is minor. The output jack did move a little last night, and the nut was a tad loose. I thought they were not suppose to rotate?????? I will tighten up the nut and call it good for now. I did notice that they were made in Indonesia and not China. Don't know if that is a good thing or not but the quality sure seams to be there with this one.

Output Jack Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack

Metal Output Jack Plate

Any advise is welcome

Steve

just tighten it back up. most of the metal output jack plates are not drilled for the "non-rotating" jack. Samick builds a lot of Epiphones in Indonesia and they are some of the better ones out there.

I was amazed also when I first took it out of the wrapping. Epiphone sure does not put too much effort in protecting their guitars for shipment...A few blocks of Styrofoam and some 1/16 thin wrapping, and they call it good. I was just so happy there was no damage.

Why stores like GC decided not to order any in for stock amazes me. They were all special order. Don't understand the reasoning. Now Lee Malia and his group "Bring Me The Horizon" is not my kind of music at all, but the guitar is fantastic. His signature on the back of the head stock is not even that noticeable, and for sure not legible. I just wonder how many of these were made????

I was amazed also when I first took it out of the wrapping. Epiphone sure does not put too much effort in protecting their guitars for shipment...A few blocks of Styrofoam and some 1/16 thin wrapping, and they call it good. I was just so happy there was no damage.

Why stores like GC decided not to order any in for stock amazes me. They were all special order. Don't understand the reasoning. Now Lee Malia and his group "Bring Me The Horizon" is not my kind of music at all, but the guitar is fantastic. His signature on the back of the head stock is not even that noticeable, and for sure not legible. I just wonder how many of these were made????

I noticed that the versions that have an LP headstock have a special folded protective cardboard piece that covers the headstock, while the ones with headstocks like the Explorer, are just wrapped.

So far all my Epis are getting through the UPS/FedEx gauntlet just fine, so ...... guess it works! [confused]

Yeah, Bring Me The Horizon isn't my type of music either but I wouldn't diss the signature.

Even though Lee Malia is a self described "awkward dude" (and I agree, he certainly looks it) the guitar is just 'awesome' looking, has a great pedigree with way cool features, [thumbup] and I doubt that the guy's signature on it is going to cause it to be of any 'less' value for your heirs. ;)

I'm curious ..... what did the special order cost, if I might be so rude as to ask? [blush]

I am seriously giving some thought into ordering another. I just don't see them making too many. Still trying to figure out why none of the stores here in the states have not ordered any for their stock. All are on special order if ya want one. Things change, but I don't see any stores here with them listed in their inventory. As far as I know there were only 3 ordered through GC in the entire country..........

Archived