Gibson Brands Forums

Foo Fighters on Austin City Limits tonight...

KSG_Standard

That axe is a beauty It is on my get list. saw him here last year and he played it all show, sounded great, I even like that Pelham Bluew colour. Also I am a big fan of Dave Grohl, Nirvana was real big in my musical development. I was 7 when Nevermind came ut.

I interviewed DG at either the KROQ Summer Weenie Roast or Lallapalooza back in 1996. He was so genuine and friendly. Afterwards we stood there front and center and watched Soundgarden together. I remember the band's sound man had them dialed in that afternoon. They were, dare I say it, "Who-like loud."

Great guy. He introduced me to the rest of his band too.

aww man, I forgot that was on tonite. Guess I'll have to find it online somewhere. I really dig Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters a lot. I think he's definatly one of the best guitar playing frontmen around right now too. He goes up there and the whole band has fun, unlike some bands I see that go up and just go through the motions. Classy guy too.

His Signature model is pretty cool, but I think it's a bit overpriced.

i knew that was going to be on tonight and i was planning on watchinng it but earlier i watched them live at wembly and got kind of foo'ed out. they are pretty good, alot better then most new bands but not that great compered to old stuff. also the live at wembly is way better then the austin city limits because jimmy page and john paul jones come out and play with them. jimmy page always has so much fun :D they finished their song and every one was gathering and 64 year old jimmy bounces over to them and gives dave a big hug xD he is so cool, i want to be that cool when i'm old.

on the topic of austin citys limits though, you guys should watch it in a few months when marya muldour (spelling?) plays on it. AND IT'S MY DAD PLAYING BASS!!! :P :P :P :P =D> =D>

he is going on tour with her, and that was the first gig where he played with them. they go out again on febuary 7th. i'm really glad my dad gets to do this, it's something he's been wanting to do his whole life. GO DAD!!

m/ >-< m/

:D

FRIGGIN' ROCKED!!! I taped it (yes, I have a VHS machine still...lol) for a friend, and it kicked ***! Dave's always been somewhat of a hero since I saw him in Nirvana, with the Heartbreakers and then on the first Foo tour. Go Dave! I would love to open up for those guys. Makes me wanna' custom order that Pelham Blue SG now. (sigh)

H-Bomb

I, as a rule hate nearly all modern bands. That said there are a few exceptions. The Foo Fighters is one of those exceptions. It is curious to me that among all the sh1t they really stand out and kick ***. Also, I know of no one who hates them. Young, Old, SKG, and even Murph (presumption) likes them. What's that all about. We are going to add a couple of their songs in our set list any suggestions for witch ones to add.

cool vid. I know you've all seen it, but i was watching it and just posted it for the hell of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhnmUdmz74

Open invite to Dave and the whole Foo Fighters band. Yo'all are always welcome to the Friday jams here at the Homz home. Maybe you could show us that "The Pretender" song. Or if you need an opening band we're there for ya man.

u rock

hey Homz' date=' check out alone and easy target, a real good song by the Foo and it is lesser known thqn the others that people play. [/quote']

Good song. I didn't think it was as good as "The Pretender", but still a good song. Really reminded me of the Nirvana days.

Good song. I didn't think it was as good as "The Pretender"' date=' but still a good song. Really reminded me of the Nirvana days.

[/quote']

...how, Dave can play, Kurt couldn't. Also, why hasn't anyone mentioned that the opening riff to "The Pretender" sounds very similar to "Stairway To Heaven."

Archived