Gibson Brands Forums

I Bit on A MF Stupid Deal of the Day This Morning

RevDavidLee

Congrats, Rev, and enjoy playing de blooz! [thumbup]

Looks nice, although the stock "cardboard case" seems a bit weak indeed. [crying]

Do you consider the Gretsch G6239 hardcase to be too expensive?

https://reverb.com/item/15835-gretsch-g6239-bo-diddley-hardshell-case

To be fair - the Gretsch box was well packed inside another larger cardboard box [smile]

And yes I think $164 for a $399 guitar is a bit too much. It makes me wonder why the Gretsch customer service rep didn't know about that case though. That's weird on their part [confused]

Hey Rev measure the length & width & stop bye a Bass Pro Shop & look at some hard Rifle cases, I'll bet you can find a great plastic or aluminum case for not all that much with foam inserts if you need a case..

Congrats on The Bo!!

Pray for my Wife!!

Good idea! I actually looked on Bass Pro's website and found this one - I'll have to measure the guitar to be certain but I believe it will fit [smile]

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-2Rifle-Aluminum-Gun-Case/product/1305220631457/

Prayers for your wife Sir! [blink]

I once had a Kramer Duke Bass that fit in one of those $20 polymer rifle cases, I got the idea from using a Gibson Gig bag from a Blueshawk as a rifle case..

Rock On Rev!!

My Wife of 32 years has been Really Sick & There testing Her for unknown high white cell count, Could be Cancer? Got Me Freakin..

I've had the strings off my new LP for 6 days wanting to do a setup/cleaning & just can't get around to it, Not interested.. Depressed

Just got it Last Friday afternoon & only played it twice..

I once had a Kramer Duke Bass that fit in one of those $20 polymer rifle cases, I got the idea from using a Gibson Gig bag from a Blueshawk as a rifle case..

Rock On Rev!!

Thanks to HEADKNOCKER's suggestion - I found a case today in the gun department at Mills Fleet Farm store for $35. It's a double rifle case & with a slight modification to the foam rubber inserts - it fits like a glove. Thank you Sir! Here's a pic for your enjoyment [thumbup]

BoCase_zpsmzx2ave6.jpg

Now excuse me while I go play "Shotgun" by Junior Walker & the Allstars [cool]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnhI_ECOAK4

Thanks to HEADKNOCKER's suggestion - I found a case today in the gun department at Mills Fleet Farm store for $35. It's a double rifle case & with a slight modification to the foam rubber inserts - it fits like a glove. Thank you Sir! Here's a pic for your enjoyment [thumbup]

BoCase_zpsmzx2ave6.jpg

[biggrin][thumbup]

That's the same kinda case that we used on the Duke Bass, Much Cheaper in cost than the $109 one..

Plus lotsa extra room for storage etc for gigs..

Thanks for the words about my Wifes condition too Rev.

I might even get around to the setup of my new Les Paul today..

She's feeling a bit better now, It's 4:45am now..

You don't know about guitars opening up?

I'm very familiar with acoustic guitars opening up after usage and amps opening up after a speaker is broken in but not sure what you're referring to on an electric guitar. If you're referring to an electric guitar "opening up" after a certain amount of time - beings I just got this Bo Diddley and have never owned one before I'm not certain why you would ask that question Sir. :unsure: [smile]

1430021313[/url]' post='1652927']

I'm very familiar with acoustic guitars opening up after usage and amps opening up after a speaker is broken in but not sure what you're referring to on an electric guitar. If you're referring to an electric guitar "opening up" after a certain amount of time - beings I just got this Bo Diddley and have never owned one before I'm not certain why you would ask that question Sir. :unsure: [smile]

It was a joke! Gezzzzzz,,,,sorry I bothered you..

Great story so far, Rev!

Great suggestion from HEADKNOCKER re: the gun case. Well done!.........[thumbup]

I liked the look of it from the OP but the more I see it I'm liking that rectangular thing even more than I'd have imagined I would - being that I'm more of a "LP-in-a-tasteful-burst" kinda guy in the general scheme of things...

And my best wishes for HEADKNOCKER's wife, too.

P.

Archived