Gibson Brands Forums

SiriusXM's top 101 guitarists of all time...

4Hayden

Ok, where's Kevin Borich!? Where's Kev!? C'mon, who's in charge of post draft edit?

PFF..TU!! (sound of dummy richocheting off walls, floor, ceiling, flower vase....)

Kev was up here a couple of weeks back. still going strong. Takes me back - seems like the Express was forever rolling through town when I was a kid!

Just my two cents:

No John Lennon?

You cannot list Thurston Moore without adding Lee Ranaldo. Lee is by far a better player even if Thurston wrote most of the songs in Sonic Youth.

Lucky! lucky! Loved 'em ever since I was a kid, and only ever got the chance to see the Express twice (in Carnarvon). Loved Kev's playing ever since the days of the La De Da's (Gonna See My Baby Tonight). I hear he's retired somewhere up in the Goldies Hinterland. He still tours a bit I hear.

Kurt Cobain is 66 places above Peter Green.

I rest my case.

P.

exact....I mean, I am a fan of cobains but even Kurt himself said he is/was no guitar player....I think a big part of this list is like the hall of fame..more of a popularity contest then anything.

Lucky! lucky! Loved 'em ever since I was a kid, and only ever got the chance to see the Express twice (in Carnarvon). Loved Kev's playing ever since the days of the La De Da's (Gonna See My Baby Tonight). I hear he's retired somewhere up in the Goldies Hinterland. He still tours a bit I hear.

would you believe the band played that one on you tube the other day at reheasal - someone at a gig suggested we pick it up. I'd never heard it and wasn't familiar with la de das but theres some old GTK footage on youtube. Kev played the anti-CSG gig here last year and has been touring lately. does some stuff with local legends (and still awesome covers band) Bourbon Street round here every so often too.

Who would get Miss Congeniality? (lol).

and speaking of SAB's, where's Nancy Wilson's name?

First time I ever saw him was with the La De Da's on countdown doing 'Gonna See My Baby Tonight' and he was finger pick/sliding on a Flying V!! Just incredible stuff. Blew me away, I took one look at that and thought, "I want to do that!".

Wow, weird list. How is the Edge ranked above guys like Brian May?

AMEN!

Like Daddy used to say, "Opinions are like '***holes', everybody has one!"

Still, ya gotta wonder who sits down and comes up with stuff like this. The rankings...who to leave in / out? GOOD GRIEF!

Brian

Wish I had a hit of whatever these guys are takin'! NO MENTION of Phil Keaggey? Warren Haynes is rated BELOW "the Edge" and JONI MITCHELL????!!!! ](*,)[thumbdn]

I LOVE Sirius XM, but whoever did this is clueless. And I'm an idiot for getting "sucked in"...

Brian

Wish I had a hit of whatever these guys are takin'! NO MENTION of Phil Keaggey? Warren Haynes is rated BELOW "the Edge" and JONI MITCHELL????!!!! ](*,)[thumbdn]

I LOVE Sirius XM, but whoever did this is clueless. And I'm an idiot for getting "sucked in"...

Brian

Warren Haynes Was "one" I thought should be in top ten

4H

Guest Farnsbarns

Touché!

In light of this I have amended the erroneous post.

[biggrin]

P.

That's better. And don't you forget it....

Hang on?

Brian

Quite right! Plus, the omitting of Jan Akkerman, Al Di Meola and Paco De Lucia is grounds for institutional confinement!!! Jeff Beck at #13...wtf!?!?

Archived