Gibson Brands Forums

J-45TV Bracing

mking

Has anyone played a j45tv and southern jumbo tv close together, or better yet a Sheryl Crow SJ and NewVintage SJ together? I have often wondered how different the two tone woods really are? I have heard lots of theories and ideas but it would be good to have an evaluation taken from a comparison. I know Reed has done it with 45tv and SJ tv but they have some different bracings.

Tony shines a light on this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTh-bDuRGDA

Look at the #1 braces - wow.

Apart from that it's pretty obvious that there's no 'best' here. Yes, for personal taste, but generally, it's 2 pretty even leveled (yet of course different) cakes.

I cant watch it without seeing all the hair missing!

BluesKing777 being his shallow best...

The true vintage J45s and Southern Jumbos have advanced bracing... Like on the AJs... They are forward shifted some. I wish I could remember, but there are diagrams floating around in some posts on this site.

Thank you!

You're just jealous that he has the option to grow it.....or not.

All true!

Tony has a way to go - he has only been haircut free for a few years, and I had not one trim between 1970 and 1982 when this other guitarist's girlfiend cut the whole band's hair for a 'look'.

We all looked like shorn sheep, had a massive argument out the back of a gig and that was that. Only thing I got was the free haircut!

Now we look in the mirror and see my father looking back laughing because he begged and pleaded me to have a haircut and stop embarrassing him!

Sorry, no idea about the bracing cos I bought the J45 Standard!

BluesKing777.

All true!

Now we look in the mirror and see my father looking back laughing because he begged and pleaded me to have a haircut and stop embarrassing him!

BluesKing777.

Things are scary that way. I saw a picture of me taken a couple of years ago, and thought it was a picture of my father that I hadn't seen before.

The cat's in the cradle....

Archived