Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and new member - pics added

retArmyLTC

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself.

I'm Retired Army (in February), living in rural North Texas - West of the DFW metro-mess.

Fairly new to guitar with acoustic only instruments to date, but long time secret admirer of semi and hollow body guitars.

Yesterday I traded a Craigslister a vintage Yamaha 6 string acoustic I wasn't playing for an Epi Dot Deluxe VS. The thing was dirty, dusty and crusty with what appeared to be factory original strings set a mile off the fret board. Given the condition, and lack of any noticeable wear, it looked like it was never played. I got the Dot and a Line 6 Spyder IV 15 watt amp in the even trade. (I'm sure I got the better end of the deal.)

Anyway, cleaned and polished, dull strings removed (after set up), the ca. 2011 built guitar is gorgeous!

Pictures to follow soon.

P1010398_zpsf7qxmf4m.jpg

P1010397_zpsqqy1lvvo.jpg

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself.

I'm Retired Army (in February), living in rural North Texas - West of the DFW metro-mess.

Fairly new to guitar with acoustic only instruments to date, but long time secret admirer of semi and hollow body guitars.

Yesterday I traded a Craigslister a vintage Yamaha 6 string acoustic I wasn't playing for an Epi Dot Deluxe VS. The thing was dirty, dusty and crusty with what appeared to be factory original strings set a mile off the fret board. Given the condition, and lack of any noticeable wear, it looked like it was never played. I got the Dot and a Line 6 Spyder IV 15 watt amp in the even trade. (I'm sure I got the better end of the deal.)

Anyway, cleaned and polished, dull strings removed (after set up), the ca. 2011 built guitar is gorgeous!

Pictures to follow soon.

Welcome to the forum, retArmyLTC. Very much like to see some pics of your Dot Deluxe. Sounds like you found a good deal, nice guitar to start your electric adventure. [thumbup]

I too like semi-hollow guitars, I just bought my first since owning a couple of Gibson ES series in the '60s, an Epi ES339 Pro VS. (my avatar) Love it!

post-71738-015028400 1434000167_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I traded a Craigslister a vintage Yamaha 6 string acoustic I wasn't playing for an Epi Dot Deluxe VS.

Welcome to the board and the Dot club, LTC. Epi Dot was my first and still best electric. Awesome guitar, and the Deluxe is even moreso. Looking forward to your pics!

Congrats on the guitar and retirement, thank you for serving!

you got a GREAT deal I'd say... The amp, quite frankly, you can find better in the "modeling" line up, albeit line 6 was the pioneer in this aspect, they eventually were outdone by the Fender Mustangs which are very very good modeling amps, but for what they do,, that spider? yea,, hours of fun, and - you basically walked away with it.

• 1 month later...

Archived