Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Memphis Line

SteveFord

Are we sure the King never had one with a richlite board?

I know we can't say he wouldn't have had one. My guess is he would have loved it.

But I do agree, if he did in fact never have one, it isn't right or "accurate" to have his signature guitar have one. And I would go so far as to say if he never played one, or had one, and they just can't use ebony, then they shouldn't make the guitar until they can.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't figure out why there isn't more mention of the Premier versions. No run numbers, nothing listed on the Gibson site for those models, the vendors that have them don't even know it most of the time (i.e. not named correctly or spec listed are the same as the regular 335 just priced differently).

If the Brian May Red Special replica guitar ($750-800 range) can have a genuine Ebony fingerboard, then a decent Gibson should have one, too. Just my opinion.

Quite.

No more need be said.

Well, all I can say, for certain, is that (once again) I'm very glad I got mine, when I did!

I would say the same thing about my 2012 ES-330 VOS.

Not seeing even one P90 equipped guitar in the 2016 lineup.

Shameful !!!

I would say the same thing about my 2012 ES-330 VOS.

Not seeing even one P90 equipped guitar in the 2016 lineup.

Shameful !!!

Great guitar you got. I played a 2015 ES-330 in a limited Pelham Blue finish. It was a '59 Reissue. Fantastic guitar! I bought a 2016 ES-335 instead. It's a '58 Reissue in a Natural finish. It was really a choice I had to make. Currently, I'm still looking for a guitar with P90 pick-ups.

Great guitar you got. I played a 2015 ES-330 in a limited Pelham Blue finish. It was a '59 Reissue. Fantastic guitar! I bought a 2016 ES-335 instead. It's a '58 Reissue in a Natural finish. It was really a choice I had to make. Currently, I'm still looking for a guitar with P90 pick-ups.

I'm sure your natural finish 335 is very nice!

My 330-VOS has a natural finish, as does my '06 335.

But a pelham blue 330?

Sweet !!!

Archived