Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Progressive

Dave F

RS4PNBNH1_BODY_FRONT_BACK.jpg

It is different

Gibson G Force Tuning System: Quick access to standard and alternate tunings

Tune-o-matic Bridge: Titanium saddles allow easy string height adjustments and superior acoustic guitar intonation

Active PZM Bridgeplate Pickup: Excellent acoustic sound reproduction and perfect for percussive acoustic playing styles

New Finish: New 2016 Autumn Burst finish

Truss Rod Cover: New 2016 engraved truss rod cover

Improved Feel: Fingerboard edge is softened to comfortably fit the contour of the player's hand

Enhanced Finish: Finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds for high gloss finish.

Premium Setup: Utilizing state-of-the-art German engineered Plek technology to create the finest playing surface possible. Hand finished for the world's finest feel and playability

Smoother hand rubbed and oiled fingerboard: New penetrating and finishing oil lasts longer and maximizes wood’s natural vibrancy - Richlite

http://forum.gibson....o=new_post&f=40

That's a nice looking top! I don't know if the accoustic community will embrace the adj. electric type bridge and saddles and the e-tune system. However, did you get to try one? It will depend on how it plays and sounds. It's a beautiful sunburst.

m

Not a fan of the look, but would have to hear it to decide completely. I think that the bridge/tuners would add a bit of weight, and usually we want to go in the other direction in terms of acoustic sound.

Like the darker sunburst though.

Only seen and heard one. Didn't play it. It sounded pretty good, but no better than anything I own. I love the sunburst on this model, but to me it's not worth all that extra money for the burst and other options on it. Especially when I could find a J45 Standard that would sound just as good and might blow the doors off of it. For me, the automatic tuners would be a real waste. For those who play a lot of different alternate tunings, I can see the lure of this model. Fast tuning changes and no need to carry multiple guitars around. I don't doubt the quality of the instrument, but I'm an old dog and a traditionalist for the most part.

I've made my own Songwriter standard Progressive.

1442005080977.jpg

20150829_105954.jpg

20150829_110010.jpg

20150829_110106.jpg

Back to the OP.Nothing fancy about the new J-45 progressive. It just a J45 with the Tronical tune. It cost $120 free shipping off the Ebay.Very easy to install and convert back to original.So easy even my Grandmother can do it. No harm to your guitar except for your wallet.

Archived