Gibson Brands Forums

No More Dial Pointers Please

Lunatic

I know they are finger-slicers but if you rely on them as position-indicators (I couldn't do without them) then why not simply remove, round-off the points with a metal-file and reinstall?

Pip.

Too much weight.

rct

[laugh]

Might the purists decry removing the pointiest extremity of the thumb-cutters as some sort of weight-relief sacrilege?

Pip.

Oh yeah. Crap, I can never remember which decade we are in, Heavy Better or Light Better. I need a program to keep up!

rct

I always install pointers if the LP didnt' come with them. OP, send me all your pointers! :)

(as to the question at hand, just pop off the knobs and remove the nut... pointers just sit on there functioning as a washer... so you'll need regular washers to replace the pointers)

Sweet guys - thanks for the assists. I know where 10 is when looking down and use that as perspective. I won't be filing down as these are on my '56 Goldtop Reissue & 35th Anniv LP & want to keep them as is.

On a positive note;

If you ever become a diabetic, those pointy doo-dads will be handy lancets for whenever you need to obtain a drop of blood for your blood sugar tester.

Just saying.....

[unsure]

Or you could put your fingers through them and do a Freddie Kruger - sort of

...I know where 10 is when looking down and use that as perspective. I won't be filing down as these are on my '56 Goldtop Reissue & 35th Anniv LP & want to keep them as is...

OK, no probs.

If you change your mind, though, and want to keep the original 'look' whilst retaining all your blood a replacement set of pointers can be had for around 7 AUD and some of these replacement sets already have rounded 'points'!

Obviously those good people at the Heath and Safety Executive are looking after our best interests.....

Pip.

OK, no probs.

If you change your mind, though, and want to keep the original 'look' whilst retaining all your blood a replacement set of pointers can be had for around 7 AUD and some of these replacement sets already have rounded 'points'!

Obviously those good people at the Heath and Safety Executive are looking after our best interests.....

Pip.

OK - I'm in. Where from?

OK - I'm in. Where from?

Google is your friend. Just type in something like 'gibson knob pointers' or 'gibson pointer washers' and you should get various options - that's what I did.

In the UK sets come in from around £4 plus postage which is, as mentioned earlier, approx 7 AUD. In the UK I have a choice which includes nickel, gold, sharp-pointy, rounded-pointy and so on.

For example;

http://www.gear4musi...AIroaAqir8P8HAQ

eBay, obviously, has a wide selection as well.

http://www.ebay.co.u...20865095&crdt=0

Pip.

Archived