Gibson Brands Forums

Come On, Gibson!!

charlie brown

Actually the truss rod cover is perfect… the rest of the guitar is crooked ;-). Jk. It is sad that such a small, but highly visible detail would get overlooked. If it sounded and felt great though I'd still get it if they marked it down. No excuses, but musical inspiration comes mostly from the ears and hands for me.

Understood, but for 3 such (otherwise beautiful) oddities to turn up, at the same dealer,

with the same problem, makes one wonder where Gibson's QC was, that/those days they were

built, inspected, and then shipped to the dealer. And, why too, the dealer didn't notice

it, prior to listing them, as well? Also...how many other's like that, are at various other dealers???

Very odd! :rolleyes:

CB

I'm sure many of the big retailers buy B Grade stock from the manufactures very cheaply and try to palm them off as 1st Grade. Thommen in Europe actually labels them as B Grade.

You hear so many horror stories of bad quality guitars bought from the big retailers, even taking into account their high turnover it seems suspicious and impossible to believe they left the factories as 1st Grade.

I'm sure many of the big retailers buy B Grade stock from the manufactures very cheaply and try to palm them off as 1st Grade. Thommen in Europe actually labels them as B Grade.

You hear so many horror stories of bad quality guitars bought from the big retailers, even taking into account their high turnover it seems suspicious and impossible to believe they left the factories as 1st Grade.

That may be true, but this isn't usually something you see from Sweetwater.

this is definitely not what I've come to see as the "norm" for them.

Archived