Gibson Brands Forums

Old friend comes home.

bassetman

Found my old Guild gad25 at a flea market. Missing the saddle and nut and a bit battered. A bit of tlc and a nut made from ebony scrap. I copied a Gibson saddle and modified to fit. The truss rod was way tight but the neck relaxed after I loosened it. I sold this in 06 I think. Glad to have it back. Cost three bucks.

IMG_4012_zpsm2agpx6v.jpg

IMG_4009_zpshstlk3ea.jpg

Yes it is. I need to learn how to do frets and I'll get those evened out. My departed wife put the finger board sticker on about I year before I sold it....still. Looks new. Made it easy to spot. Lots of memories in this Git. One of my brothers boys is a decent player a deserves a better guitar so I will pass this on when I iron out its warts.

$3? Or was that meant in the way we might say "3 bills", as in three hundred?

Either way, a nice story, and thanks for sharing the other part of that story, as well. How did the guitar come to get away from you ~10 years ago?

But more importantly- what's with the miniature dread sent to Davy Jones' locker off to the left of the Guild, in the background ? ? ?

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-13%20at%2010.07.28%20AM_zpsiwhyfxgc.png

I sold it in a bad time after my last deployment. Didn't think I wanted any musical things anymore.....lasted about eight months. Deeply regretted letting it go. Literally three dollars, it needed a saddle and nut......plus I bought another Guild he had. Not through working on it yet. Want to learn about guitars....buy a bunch of used ones to bring up to spec......and you could find and old friend.

Found my old Guild gad25 at a flea market. Missing the saddle and nut and a bit battered. A bit of tlc and a nut made from ebony scrap. I copied a Gibson saddle and modified to fit. The truss rod was way tight but the neck relaxed after I loosened it. I sold this in 06 I think. Glad to have it back. Cost three bucks.

Wow, great find and reunion. Thanks for sharing.

Lucky guy! I had a Heritage Custom that I loved but in those days it was "gotta sell one if you wanna buy one"; I sold it to get my HD-28. I kept track of it for years and always vowed I'd buy it back one day, but I lost track finally. Would sure love to see it show up at a flea market or anywhere else, and I'd gladly give more than three bucks for it!

I saw the photo and understood that it is high time I started my lessons on playing guitar. I remember when I was a child I came to my grandmother and took a guitar. When I finished playing, almost all the strings were broken:(

Now I am a custom writer, our team is a very creative. So, I definitely shall start taking lessons.

Also, my dream is to start playing drums!

Congratulations on getting your friend back! [biggrin]

I sure wish I could find my long-departed '54 J-185 I stupidly traded in back in the '70s.. [crying] I'd even pay five bucks to get it back! :rolleyes:

Dave in SLC

Stupid trades we have made: that deserves an entire thread.

Archived