Gibson Brands Forums

Another Pathetic Display by a Tone Deaf Amatuer....

Murph

I totally forgot to explain the rig used to record the video.

The J-45 went through the Carvin AG100D acoustic amp, but notice it's in channel 2. That's the bass channel. I knew I would be doing those little bass runs and thought the different voicing would be cool. It's set dry.

The vocals went through the old Peavey XR600 behind my left shoulder and through both SP2's stacked on top of each other. EQ was in a typical V reducing mids. It's dry as well. The room is dry, I'm a dry acoustic kinda guy......

Apogee mic I bought because of Sal went into the iPad mini.

To those infrequent visitors, the thread title and the reference to "SUCKING" is due to a rude and obnoxious member who came in here and insulted a fellow member for his vocals and said that ALL BUT 2 of the musicians in this forum were PATHETIC and TONE DEAF AMATUERS.

I tend to disagree.....

I would love to be able to compose / play like that! And fantastic tone from the j45. It's not easy to get an acoustic to sound like that!

I reckon it was a genius move by Murph to run it through the bass channel, its where that chunky bottom end came from..

Not bad for a rank amateur, must have a been a lucky coincidence, probably stuck it in there accidentally ..... :rolleyes:

I reckon it was a genius move by Murph to run it through the bass channel, its where that chunky bottom end came from..

Not bad for a rank amateur, must have a been a lucky coincidence, probably stuck it in there accidentally ..... :rolleyes:

How'd you know?

Archived