Gibson Brands Forums

I need a vacation

Mark

I start My two week vacation at the end of this month. Well start by picking up my new Dobie puppy at Norfolk International Airport. Getting a 20X30 garage built. Plus trying to get the drywall back up on the wall. The winter caught us with our pants down. The only Traveling well be doing is going out to our 8 acre place just the other side of South Boston, in Halifax county. Our closes neighbor right now that has a house built is about a mile up the road. I do have plenty of Rum and mixers For drinks after dark. Got to pick up some little umbrellas.

STARI_002.jpg

Shes 5 weeks. Ain't she pretty.

Galapagos Islands off the coast of Ecuador sound pretty nice. Hey Thunder if we came on vacation are there any good tours of the Galapagos and whats some good places to stay?

Well it all deppends on how much you are willing to spend... there is a 5 star hotel in galapagos but its a little too pricey for a place where you will only go to sleep (believe me... you will spend most of the time in the beautiful beaches and with the most strange and unique animals and plants you will ever see).

There are lots of restaurants and hotels... most of them are nice. I know a hostel owned by an italian couple that is wonderful, its on the beach and close to the place where you can go swim with sharks...

If any of you guys want to go there I can do a little research for costs (tours, food, hotels) and mail it to you... I know for a fact that they have different prices for foreign people, and that you have to pay some kind of tax to enter galapagos (as it is a national park), but it's well worth the effort.

Well it all deppends on how much you are willing to spend... there is a 5 star hotel in galapagos but its a little too pricey for a place where you will only go to sleep (believe me... you will spend most of the time in the beautiful beaches and with the most strange and unique animals and plants you will ever see).

There are lots of restaurants and hotels... most of them are nice. I know a hostel owned by an italian couple that is wonderful' date=' its on the beach and close to the place where you can go swim with sharks...

If any of you guys want to go there I can do a little research for costs (tours, food, hotels) and mail it to you... I know for a fact that they have different prices for foreign people, and that you have to pay some kind of tax to enter galapagos (as it is a national park), but it's well worth the effort.[/quote']

I'll run it by the old lady. Sounds really cool to me. All except the shark parts.

not only sharks (my girls wouldnt do that' date=' and neither would I), but lots of different stuff... Ill try to get in contact with the couple that owns that place see if they can send me some pics.[/quote']

That would be cool. Maybe they have a web site?

Archived