Gibson Brands Forums

Dead Strings Come To Life

Victory Pete

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all deserve a self-congratulatory pat on our collective back for making it to p.6 without having anyone banned, or the plug pulled on this thread.

Maybe we HAVE created that 'safe space' for people who want the internet equivalent of a box of crayons with a coloring book with no lines to stay within.

We all deserve a self-congratulatory pat on our collective back for making it to p.6 without having anyone banned, or the plug pulled on this thread.

Maybe we HAVE created that 'safe space' for people who want the internet equivalent of a box of crayons with a coloring book with no lines to stay within.

Closer than ya think !

😂

Thank you! Thank you!

Knew you wouldn't let

the virtual stadium full of fans down in this, our greatest moment of need! Together, we have created the nearly self-perpetuating thread! And when someone asks the inevitable question: "Who WAS that masked sasquatch?" remember to proudly respond "Wha?".

A little experimentation with drawing the first lines to something called AFFF - The Absolutely Free Form Forum

Oh, , , must try and stop myself, , I can really freak out (basically a since 1975 surrealist - but that belongs in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF department).

Yet let's not forget this Board has a tradition for absurd threads.

They come up once in a while and has a ventilating function. Though some sees them as mad, they in fact keep the Board from burning down crazy.

That said, it's time to add a small pardon (pronounced in French) to the Threadhost. Which of course doesn't make things less bizarre.

Wish fellow member Anthony Buckeridge would drop by and set the concept straight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_(music)

Tensile properties[edit]

Tuning a stringed instrument such as a guitar to pitch puts the strings under a large amount of strain, which indicates the amount of stress inside the string. Stress is relative to the stretch or elongation of the strings. As the string is tuned to a higher pitch, it gets longer and thinner. The instrument can go out of tune because if it has been stretched past its elastic limit, it isn't going to recover its original tension. On a stress vs. strain curve, there is a linear region where stress and strain are related called Young's modulus. When you have a newer set of strings, they are often in a region on the stress vs. strain curve past the Young's Modulus called the plastic region. In the plastic region, plastic deformation occursdeformation the material cannot recover from. Thus, in the plastic region, the relationship is not linear anymore (Young's Modulus is no longer a constant). The elastic region is where elastic deformation is occurring, or deformation from where the string can recover. The linear (i.e. elastic) region is where musicians want to play their instrument in.[20]

String life. Let's face it, brothers, strings don't have much of a life. Once employed, they're stuck in the same position for the duration of their lives, subject to the cruel whims of their employers, always under extreme stress, allowed to speak only for musical genres which they might find abhorrent, cast indifferently into the trash when they are near dead, subject to obscure diatribes seeking to learn how they might be made to rise zombie-like from their final repose, and noteworthy (pun, pun, don't miss the damn pun!) only as the means to amusement of a few crass souls who seek to extend the unraveling of a metaphorical thread extending from nowhere beginnings to nowhere destinations throughout an absurd universe of pseudo scientific speculation.

AAAARRRGGHHHHHH

blindboygrunt, , , are you a piano tuner ?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No secret I'm a bit behind regarding strings.

The fact they are on a descending curve from the moment they get on combined with the changing ears-mind-wood-thing, makes it a bit hard for me to fixate and maintain strong opinions about the finer nuances of the steels.

Yes, coated vs. ph. b. vs. b. vs. fx Flexcores is clear, , , but the sub-variables below that and the different brands, , , , fog.

For that reason I keep a log-book with minor notes. Else I would simply disappear.

Here's a splendid A/B/C/D/E/F discovered recently - lean back or forward and tune in gents.

Contemporary ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0JcLOeOUtg

blindboygrunt, , , are you a piano tuner ?

No secret I'm a bit behind regarding strings.

The fact they are on a descending curve from the moment they get on combined with the changing ears-mind-wood-thing, makes it a bit hard for me to fixate and maintain strong opinions about the finer nuances of the steels.

Yes, coated vs. ph. b. vs. b. vs. fx Flexcores is clear, , , but the sub-variables below that and the different brands, , , , fog.

For that reason I keep a log-book with minor notes. Else I would simply disappear.

Here's a splendid A/B/C/D/E/F discovered recently - lean back or forward and tune in gents.

Contemporary ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0JcLOeOUtg

I'll admit I wasn't concentrating...watching something on TV at the same time...listening on mediocre computer speakers..but the conclusion must be.."All Martin strings sound the same!" that's what 99% of the populace would think.haha..I'm being a little flippant, I know there are nuances there - but it's subtle stuff really.

I'll admit I wasn't concentrating...watching something on TV at the same time...listening on mediocre computer speakers..but the conclusion must be.."All Martin strings sound the same!" that's what 99% of the populace would think.haha..I'm being a little flippant, I know there are nuances there - but it's subtle stuff really.

Almost certain you would be able to tell the differences between a couple of these in real life -

the coated Lifespans, the ph. b's, the Retros and perhaps the f-cores.

I Remember When Quincy And I Were In Cannes Producing That Album For Little Mick And

Keith...When I Suggested Keith Restring His Hummingbird He Went Into A Tirade And Said

"Hey Anthony You Old Geezer Don't You Know About

String theory "

In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings. It describes how these strings propagate through space and interact with each other. On distance scales larger than the string scale, a string looks just like an ordinary particle, with its mass, charge, and other properties determined by the vibrational state of the string. In string theory, one of the many vibrational states of the string corresponds to the graviton, a quantum mechanical particle that carries gravitational force. Thus string theory is a theory of quantum gravity.

String theory is a broad and varied subject that attempts to address a number of deep questions of fundamental physics. String theory has been applied to a variety of problems in black hole physics, early universe cosmology, nuclear physics, and condensed matter physics, and it has stimulated a number of major developments in pure mathematics. Because string theory potentially provides a unified description of gravity and particle physics, it is a candidate for a theory of everything, a self-contained mathematical model that describes all fundamental forces and forms of matter. Despite much work on these problems, it is not known to what extent string theory describes the real world or how much freedom the theory allows to choose the details.

String theory was first studied in the late 1960s as a theory of the strong nuclear force, before being abandoned in favor of quantum chromodynamics. Subsequently, it was realized that the very properties that made string theory unsuitable as a theory of nuclear physics made it a promising candidate for a quantum theory of gravity. The earliest version of string theory, bosonic string theory, incorporated only the class of particles known as bosons. It later developed into superstring theory, which posits a connection called supersymmetry between bosons and the class of particles called fermions. Five consistent versions of superstring theory were developed before it was conjectured in the mid-1990s that they were all different limiting cases of a single theory in eleven dimensions known as M-theory. In late 1997, theorists discovered an important relationship called the AdS/CFT correspondence, which relates string theory to another type of physical theory called a quantum field theory.

One of the challenges of string theory is that the full theory does not have a satisfactory definition in all circumstances. Another issue is that the theory is thought to describe an enormous landscape of possible universes, and this has complicated efforts to develop theories of particle physics based on string theory. These issues have led some in the community to criticize these approaches to physics and question the value of continued research on string theory unification.

Yours Truly

Anthony Puckeridge

Last word? Blasphemy! I say BLASPHEMY! This thread is ALIVE, ALIVE I tell you - a living monument to the triumph of pseudo science - spewed from the very bowels of our collective being - though perhaps humble in appearance: 💩 it shall endure the ages!!!

Last word? Blasphemy! I say BLASPHEMY! This thread is ALIVE, ALIVE I tell you - a living monument to the triumph of pseudo science - spewed from the very bowels of our collective being - though perhaps humble in appearance: 💩 it shall endure the ages!!!

Oh yea-fire and heat!

String theory "

In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings. It describes how these strings propagate through space and interact with each other. On distance scales larger than the string scale, a string looks just like an ordinary particle, with its mass, charge, and other properties determined by the vibrational state of the string. In string theory, one of the many vibrational states of the string corresponds to the graviton, a quantum mechanical particle that carries gravitational force. Thus string theory is a theory of quantum gravity.

String theory is a broad and varied subject that attempts to address a number of deep questions of fundamental physics. String theory has been applied to a variety of problems in black hole physics, early universe cosmology, nuclear physics, and condensed matter physics, and it has stimulated a number of major developments in pure mathematics. Because string theory potentially provides a unified description of gravity and particle physics, it is a candidate for a theory of everything, a self-contained mathematical model that describes all fundamental forces and forms of matter. Despite much work on these problems, it is not known to what extent string theory describes the real world or how much freedom the theory allows to choose the details.

String theory was first studied in the late 1960s as a theory of the strong nuclear force, before being abandoned in favor of quantum chromodynamics. Subsequently, it was realized that the very properties that made string theory unsuitable as a theory of nuclear physics made it a promising candidate for a quantum theory of gravity. The earliest version of string theory, bosonic string theory, incorporated only the class of particles known as bosons. It later developed into superstring theory, which posits a connection called supersymmetry between bosons and the class of particles called fermions. Five consistent versions of superstring theory were developed before it was conjectured in the mid-1990s that they were all different limiting cases of a single theory in eleven dimensions known as M-theory. In late 1997, theorists discovered an important relationship called the AdS/CFT correspondence, which relates string theory to another type of physical theory called a quantum field theory.

One of the challenges of string theory is that the full theory does not have a satisfactory definition in all circumstances. Another issue is that the theory is thought to describe an enormous landscape of possible universes, and this has complicated efforts to develop theories of particle physics based on string theory. These issues have led some in the community to criticize these approaches to physics and question the value of continued research on string theory unification.

Yes yes yes, , , now we get down to the core-tensile of this debate.

You hereby receive an almost mint ex of an even more obscure GD-bootleg containing primarily back-stage-boogie and on side 2 a trademark :

One uninterrupted home-recording of a THC-influenced collective marathon tuning in the basement of the band-house, Haight Ashbury 1967.

Year completely unknown ~ Boogataboogata%203%20itjpg.jpg

Last word? Blasphemy! I say BLASPHEMY! This thread is ALIVE, ALIVE I tell you -

A copy goes out for you also, OC ^

Archived