Gibson Brands Forums

Controversial New Martin Guitar

BluesKing777

Why controversial? . Martin has a long and infamous history of bad/butt-ugly finishes and this goofy ditty seems to fit right in. . B)

The Weed guitar -

d-420_burst_zpsmqeg2tr9.png

The Cowboy guitars -

martin_cowboy_IY.jpg

Anniversary guitar -

msxwplm6fkm9viviqkge.jpg

The Louvin Brothers guitar -

Martin_D28_LouvinBrothers_3.jpg

CEO 4, the original Clown Burst -

dhxqvem1tqeaet9z1iq4.jpg

With the painted models all in a row there, I can see having them ALL as a collection....and hiding the Hooch one among them. Would probably anticipate he release of the Crack Guitar next! ( I am pretty sure everone is around here is on meth/crack - too much yelling and screaming and tears and cars tearing off - hooch smokers are generally pretty quiet........my friend Big Jim is going to this and going to do that and bring this over and.....someone offers a spliff and next he becomes Little Jim and quietly disappears.......... :mellow: )

BluesKing777.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was just a thread on UMGF titled ' Dave? Dave's not home'.

So it could become the 'Dave's not home guitar'.

Which like politicians, the company has waited a fair while and made sure the numbers are on their side - I mean that C&C record was from about 1971! It wasn't banned here then because the politicians then didn't have a clue what it was about! ( there is an area here where all the residents still think it is 1971.... lots of craft shops and the like - annoying symptoms being things like calling someone to say they are coming over at lunchtime - what is your lunchtime? 12 noon, 12.30, 1pm, 1.30pm etc.... AND then they don't turn up at all and you get a phone text at 9pm to say they aren't coming? So what happened between the call and the text? Pipes!)

BluesKing777.

I already missed 1971...

Yep, gone!

Jerry Garcia must be rolling, and rocking, in his grave. I can almost hear him cackling, he would be hysterical! :o :o :o

Is that you that fiddled with the Martin machinery, Jerry?

BluesKing777.

Edit: Kurt from UMGF invented the name 'Drugnaught' [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Braaahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Oh yah . . . yer right. Looks like Martin thought better of promoting legalized marijuana use and pulled the 420. . [lol]

Hey BK - The sh!t hit the fan over at UMGF. The thread that originally had all the bickering posts - The other shoes (NAMM 2017) have dropped! - had posts deleted/edited by the mods. One member struck back - once, then twice. Then the hammer came down.

Oh what fires there were to stoke, when Martin decided to promo smoke. . B)

Well, I wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't buy their other "art" guitars either. It's not what I look for in an instrument. That said, obviously somebody buys these cowboy guitars and Louvin Bros guitars and the like, so I have to assume the Martin marketers know what they're doing. I guess they're like baseball cards or something--celebrating American cultural icons. Weed is an important topic these days in legal, economic and political circles. It is legal in a few places, and apparently this artwork is a serious creation. So, why not make it a guitar. It makes more sense to me than a $150,000 watch-themed waste of good wood that no one will play. The only thing I don't get is the numeric designation. What is 420 all about?

No kiddin'. Guess it's been too long since I partook cuz I did not know that. I feel so--unfreaky... [confused] . Of course, in my day we didn't worry what time it was.

Archived