Gibson Brands Forums

My new Traditional

nopicknick

It's so good-looking, I have to say it again: good God. It's... hot.

Honeyburst is my favorite LP color. And look at that DARK fretboard.

You're one lucky guy.

And I can honestly say that I don't say that with hints of malicious envy, since I have my 2017 Flying V (T, of course) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice looking LP. I didnt know they dropped the BB 1 and 2 in these for 2017 nor the backward ABR. Surely that didnt come from the factory that way the 1st owner probably was adjusting intonation, is it right the way it is? I dont think the bridge altogether makes a big difference either way if the intonation is right, appearance imo. Its easier to adjust that way I suppose. Are they weight relieved this year?

They're solid this year.

And yes; the ABR-1 is the wrong way 'round. It will only be an issue if the strings foul the saddles' screw-heads.

If it was my guitar I'd put it back as it should be.

Pip.

Guest Farnsbarns

I played a LP with an ABR accidentally fitted backwards once, the reason I noticed was the low e string kept coming out of the slot which was cut for a high e.

You know I didn't catch that before...it does have what looks like a knot. I actually saw this guitar in GC on Saturday when I was in there. I bought a Studio Deluxe IV I think it was with a BB 2 in the neck and a 3 in the bridge. Guitar was fine, but I didn't really care for the BB2 in the bridge. Got to thinking about the Traditional above and called them Sunday about doing a return. They told me the Traditional had sold later in the day on Saturday, but they just put out a Classic if I were interested in that model. Well, by the time I got down there the buyer from the day before had returned the traditional.

The guitar sounds fantastic, and IMO the BB2 is much better suited as a bridge pickup. The BB1 in the neck is exceptionally nice too. I am getting the action, intonation, and neck adjusted now. I prefer heavier strings, and pretty high action so there is a breaking in period to get through first. Great guitar that I am glad I got the chance to get. It was on sell for $1859 which I am guessing is a pretty fair deal for a new 2017 model.

You see, that guitar was meant for you! I think the top is gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...

What locking tuners would be a direct replacement with no exposed holes or need to drill new ones? The high E string tuner is slipping. It is holding pitch, but feels like it is slipping or stripped out when tuning up to pitch. I could contact Gibson, but I would like to have a locking set on the guitar anyway.....thanks!

No need for locking tuners if the strings are installed like this...

Archived