Gibson Brands Forums

wow holy explorer

thejay

You know.. I'm not sure why, but I've never been particularly fond of Explorers. But for some reason, I kinda like the looks of this one. I'm not sure if it's the holes or the wood grain, but there's something about it that I like.

Both the Holy V and Holy Explorer remind me of the Predator II film. There's something so alien and tacky about them, and not the good kind of tacky... How about a regular Explorer with a different PU configuration and maybe a modern vibrato bridge? Or maybe a steak shaped guitar that tunes and plays itself???;)

(Sorry about that, but I've been studying linear algebra all week long...)

Hey brundaddy' date=' do you have a truss rod cover that says ****? If so thats AWESOME.[/quote']

Yeah, that's on a beat up 1983 V that I bought used (I refuse to buy Gibsons new... total ripoff, but that's another thread).

When I saw it, all I could think of was "what a hard-ridden road **** this little tramp is." After a drummer accidentally snapped the neck clean off & had it repaired (it now actually plays better than it did before & the neck joint is prob stronger)... when I picked it up from the repair shop I stopped off at a trophy shop to have the TRC engraved. She is a filthy ****!!!

Both the Holy V and Holy Explorer remind me of the Predator II film. There's something so alien and tacky about them' date=' and not the good kind of tacky... How about a regular Explorer with a different PU configuration and maybe a modern vibrato bridge? Or maybe a steak shaped guitar that tunes and plays itself???:)

(Sorry about that, but I've been studying linear algebra all week long...)[/quote']

i hate the holy explorer but i am a huge explorer fan it is like a degrease to me

It looks goofy to me' date=' I dunno. I wonder if the holes change the famously perfect balance of the explorer? I swear it's up there with the es 175 & es 135 with being the most balanced, comfortable guitar to play while standing![/quote']

yea id think that with that much missing, itll be neck and headstock heavy

Archived