Gibson Brands Forums

Just been made redundant.

Guest Farnsbarns

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Farnsbarns

msp_lol.gif

A week off? Have I missed something here? I thought you'd just been thrown out on your ear?

msp_laugh.gif

Seriously, though; if you need anything or even just fancy popping over for a blast and some giggles give me a bell.

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

P, I will do that. I'm at work until the 26th and then I'm a free for a while.

Guest Farnsbarns

I think I've saved the jobs of 2 of my team with some difficult questions posed in the right way, to the right people, at the right time.

2 positions to remain, everyone invited to apply. I'm not keen on a 40% pay cut so I won't be applying for one myself. Apparently they don't need a manager for 2 people :D

That's gotta be a a positive, though. I'm feeling pretty good.

Guest Farnsbarns

Ditto? msp_confused.gif

4 weeks pay, untaxed, 1 month's pay in lieu of notice, taxed, I have a healthy quarterly bonus oweing to me from last quarter so I'll be 3 months from the red. (I've got about £8k of 'in the red' available to me unless the bank/credit card notice and cancel it).

Thanks for all the encouragement people. I am actually positive about this. I hated the job, the company and the industry. I had been saying I was leaving for over a year but just never quite found the time or energy to do it. Now I'm gonna get a few months wages and all the time in the world. Given how much I hate it this can only be positive.

There's the silver lining right there. A friend once told me life was too short to hate your job.. I quit the next day. Find something you love.... even at less pay if need be. [thumbup]

Archived