Gibson Brands Forums

Fuller's Guitar No Longer A Gibson Dealer

thegreatgumbino

• 3 weeks later...

I agree this is a shame. Fuller's is my local guitar store and I consider them all my friends. There was a time when Fuller's was considered Gibson's largest independent dealer anywhere! Ruffato was somewhat of a regular and Don is a wonderful guy. Mike plays a Gibson when performing and loves old Gibson guitars. I have a 49SJ that he pulled from the attic one day when I mentioned I would like to own one. The man knows Gibson guitars.

Randy

• 1 month later...

I visited Fuller's this weekend and over heard someone asking one of the sales guys why they dropped Gibson. HIs response was that with the looming bankruptcy, Fuller's didn't want to take risks with the brand at this point. He said once things shake out and are settled they will look at picking them up again.

They still have a handful of NOS Gibsons on the wall. I only played a 2017 Hummingbird, which was stellar. I remember seeing a LE Mahogany topped LG-2, but don't recall what the other couple were.

Sadly, there are fewer and fewer Gibsons that are available to be played in stores. Our local GC used to be pretty good. At least a half-dozen, sometimes more hanging in the high dollar showroom. Over the last year or two it has changed. Sunday, there were two Gibsons (a J35 and 45, both showing GC wear-and-tear), seven Martins, and a couple dozen Taylors.......BTW, they had a couple pairs of cowboy boots for those who wanted to test-drive a Gibson or Martin, and several Roman togas for those who wanted to try a Taylor. [flapper] [flapper]

• 2 weeks later...

Dave's Guitar Shop went through this last year. That is a great store but they could not deal with Gibson's demands so they ended up parting ways. Jim Baggett and Mass Street Music are still authorized dealers so if it should ever come to me scoring a new Gibson (unlikely but never say never) I would go to them.

I’m pretty sure Mass Street Music is not a Gibson dealer. Collings, Martin and Taylor for the most part.

Even though I have never dealt with Fuller's I hate to hear this from Gibson's perspective...I wish they would re-think the way they do business with dealers concerning inventory levels..they are dying on the vine.

I bought 4 Gibsons from Fullers. I did it because they had the best prices and I could see them online (I live in Fl.). They had the best deals and Jeremy was a great guy to deal with. That all ended when the policy changed.

I bought 4 Gibsons from Fullers. I did it because they had the best prices and I could see them online (I live in Fl.). They had the best deals and Jeremy was a great guy to deal with. That all ended when the policy changed.

I kept buying from Fuller's even after the inventory wasn't viewable (I'm a lefty anyway) ... and I have to say Fuller's has only ever got me the best of the best !

JC

I kept buying from Fuller's even after the inventory wasn't viewable (I'm a lefty anyway) ... and I have to say Fuller's has only ever got me the best of the best !

JC

Most of my purchases were emotional, I suppose. By that I mean, I'd peruse their website and happen upon a guitar I'd never seen before and decided I had to have it. Once I could no longer see them I wasn't so spontaneous. Heck, I'm still that way now. I just don't go there looking anymore. But to be fair, I've moved on from Gibsons to other brands so it doesn't really matter.

Back in the early 2000's, I bought a new Gibson J160E that was based off the Beatles guitar from Fullers and I love that guitar. I got a great deal and the guitar was shipped to me packaged securely with no issues. When I need a Gibson now, I go to my guy at the Nashville Guitar Center and he gets me what I need. Last year I got one of the limited edition cherry burst J45 based off of the early 60's model, like Donavan plays. That guitar really sounds good recording with it. I would love to have a J180 based off of the Everly Brothers guitar, but I haven't been able to find one. I wish Gibson would reissue that guitar again. [love]

Archived