Gibson Brands Forums

Alex Lifeson ES-355

alpine

I've heard of a few people over here in the UK having proper issues with Gibson through their local shops. The long running contract (...like many decades....) with Rossetti who were the wholesale outfit over here came to a halt end of March 08 apparently, so basically no one in the UK can get a Gibson they're after and the shops can't give them an answer as they're as frustrated as everyone else out on the street.

If I gave my clients/customers this little feedback in respect to lead times/forecasts of when a product is due, I'd go under without a doubt. Why does such a wonderful maker of instruments keep relying on its name to make -up for its shortcomings..........because it can....???? .....shame really...!!!!!

It's Monday morning, I'm allowed to moan..........!!!!!

Ballpark figure, come on Gibson, just like "ThatGary" asked......???????

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in the same boat.

I put my money down on this guitar back in Feb anticipating an early April release date. After getting no solid information from the authorized dealer about status of shipment/release I tried contacting Gibsons Corporpate offices for a sales rep or someone like a field rep or customer liasion that may have information. and they (the call center operater just blew me off) were Zero help.

I am in disbelief in how poor Gibson manages thier communication with authorized dealers and more importantly there end customers with respect to product lauches. Is the communication beween the factory manufacturing department and there marketing and sales dept that bad? All I am looking for is a little more specific information.

If its going to be in May no problem... just say they will be shipped the 2nd week of May or whatever...... If my comany ran like this we would be out of business by the end of the next quarter!!. Just a peice of friendly advice Please update the Gibson Custom website with a letter or build / release update to people who are eagerly anticipating the availability of this guitar

Aloha

i apologize for the inconveniences you all are dealing with. as i mentioned above, i don't personally have (nor is anyone giving me) any info on the release date for this guitar, but i will say that with confidence that i expect it to hit the market in the very near future. sorry i can't give you anything more exact...

Admin said "very near future" and even threw in that he's saying it "with confidence". To me, this means the release is imminent.

I understand the reluctance to give a firm date. People would be even more upset if dates kept being thrown out and missed. But I understand the impatience - I only put my money down less than a week ago. I know I'd be insane by this point if I'd been waiting for months...

Hi, folks! Like many of you, I ordered my Lifeson in January, with an anticipated delivery date of Feb. to early March (as quoted by the dealer, not Gibson). Like the rest of you, I'm a little frustrated & a lot anxious to play my new axe, but it could be much worse. I waited almost 2 years for the last Rickenbacker I ordered, so I know the waiting game. I have heard many rumors concerning the delayed delivery of the Lifeson, including: "The necks are splitting from trying to carve them so thin", "Alex has not finalized contracts with Gibson regarding royalties", "There are problems with the white finish", "Gibson is removing 300 Maestro vibrato arms and truss rod covers in order to install more accurate versions", "Gibson is waiting to release the guitars to coordinate with the first date of the Rush tour" (that date has come & gone), "We are waiting for the maple trees to be grown", etc., etc... All I can say is be patient - good things come to those who wait. We know they're coming soon, and Gibson delivers nothing short of perfection. My '83 Korina Moderne is a superb example, and I expect my Lifeson will be just as great.

Best Wishes,

Superdick2112

Maybe Gibson is having a hard time moving the Slash guitar (BORING!) and until they do they don't want to release anything else. One of the customer service guys I deal with is actually going down to the Custom Shop in a week. I'm just going to tell him to grab my Alex and make a run for it! Not a knock on Gibson, but maybe they should realize that the Custom Shop stuff is what is setting them apart from other companies. They start messing this up I'm switching over to PRS! :-(

Hi' date=' folks! Like many of you, I ordered my Lifeson in January, with an anticipated delivery date of Feb. to early March (as quoted by the dealer, not Gibson). Like the rest of you, I'm a little frustrated & a lot anxious to play my new axe, but it could be much worse. I waited almost 2 years for the last Rickenbacker I ordered, so I know the waiting game. I have heard many rumors concerning the delayed delivery of the Lifeson, including: "The necks are splitting from trying to carve them so thin", "Alex has not finalized contracts with Gibson regarding royalties", "There are problems with the white finish", "Gibson is removing 300 Maestro vibrato arms and truss rod covers in order to install more accurate versions", "Gibson is waiting to release the guitars to coordinate with the first date of the Rush tour" (that date has come & gone), "We are waiting for the maple trees to be grown", etc., etc... All I can say is be patient - good things come to those who wait. We know they're coming soon, and Gibson delivers nothing short of perfection. My '83 Korina Moderne is a superb example, and I expect my Lifeson will be just as great.

Best Wishes,

Superdick2112[/quote']

There is unrest in the forest,

There is trouble with the trees

Hi Admin........

If they didn't get it from you, then what news have Gibson for us then.............?

Who's the person saying ....."tell people nothing, keep them guessing"......????? That's whats going on; or either Gibson don't give a damn about its customers, one of the two....!!!!!!

It's like being a kid again at school and getting taunted by the older kids. After all this moaning folk are doing, and on other forums, I reckon its the last Gibson I'll buy........

Come on, an answer please instead of ...."Dunno".......

I called today just to see what they would tell me,

(Get ready for the drum roll everybody is going to love this!!!!)

(1st Call)

I was told there is no such model.

(2nd Call)

So I called back again and was told no release date had been set at this time.

You can forget about getting a real answer from gibson.

Yeesh! Calm down, everyone - I'd like the Admin to continue posting here. You hopefully won't be as surly when he posts "they shipped today". Trust me, once you get your hands on the guitar the urge to kick people in the NUTS will dissipate.

I can wait. I have been waiting for years for this guitar.

It's just the lack of info on it thats pissing me off.

If it's being held up for a good reason I can live with thats.

If there is something wrong with them and they want to fix it right I can live with that. ( I wouldn't want a repeat of what happened to my LP Custom but thats another story.)

TurkeyT is right - everyone take a deep breath & relax! Just think how fortunate we are - there are hundreds of guitar-playing Lifeson fans who will never know the joy of owning & playing one of these axes because they can't afford one or don't even know they are coming, and we will all be rocking on ours soon....

I respect a lot of the stuff everyone has been posting. Even Admin! I'm glad there is a forum where we can post our concerns, worries, rumors and different points of view. I know we'll all laugh about this once we get our hands on the Alex. However, I still want to kick someone in the NUTS!!!!!!

Thanks for the support turkeyT! Now if only Gibson would do the same!

p.s. I was just on musician's friend and according to them April 30th is the the available date. now is that when it will be shipped or when it is officially available? My head hurts!!!

turkeyT & rockpile69 - I'll third that motion...."NUTS" it is and I got "HUGE" feet........!!!!!!!!!

We're the ones gettin' kicked in the NUTS as we've already paid out for our deposits.....here's my reply from my latest attempt to get an answer from the GIBSON Customer Support:-

Thanks for contacting Gibson. The Gibson Custom Shop does expect to release the Alex Lifeson model later this year, but at present, they do not have a release date set. Once it is available to ship to dealers, there should be a notice at www.gibson.com. Thanks.

Best regards,

This was yesterday, ......"Wednesday 16th April 2008"..... for all our information, so hey, anytime until the cows come home basically.

As Superdick2112 said we are all very fortunate and I don't take that for granted, but still, its the last new Gibson I'll ever buy .....period...!!!!

Johnny

Archived