Gibson Brands Forums

BB King Lessons full

Rabs

Yeah I was lucky enough to see him twice.. Once with Gary Moore in support at Wembley arena and the second time at the Royal Albert Hall where they also had Slash, Ron Wood and Derek Trucks with Susuan... Just amazing..

The videos above are just great though. Ive only ever seen bits and bobs of it on youtube. Never the whole lot of it (4 hours worth).

Thanks for posting those Rabs, you can never stop learning and BB was a true master. So sorry that I didn't go to see him when I had the chance.

Regards,

Ian

I saw him towards the end of his carrier and I kind of wished I hadn't. It was not that good. He would forget lyrics and only play parts of songs. It was not the way I wanted to remember seeing a Legend.

I saw him towards the end of his carrier and I kind of wished I hadn't. It was not that good. He would forget lyrics and only play parts of songs. It was not the way I wanted to remember seeing a Legend.

You know, I said above I saw him twice...

The first time I think he was 80.. And at that point he was still playing and singing on form.. The second time I saw him he was I think just about to turn 86 and it was more like you describe.. There was one point he had played a wrong note and thought his guitar was out of tune so started playing with the tuning. It was kind of sad to see.. BUT I treated it more as an evening with BB King rather than a normal gig. And he spent time telling us stories of his life and played some.. It was nice.. But then when the special guests came on it just turned in to a big ol jam and that was an experience I wont ever forget.

Archived