Gibson Brands Forums

another 4 day music festval

saturn

EjFBT3zm.jpg

Well the camper is all set ( as good as I could get it. Hopefully I fixed all the leaks in the roof eusa_pray.gif). We leave at 0630 tomorrow. Delfest is named for bluegrass legend Del McCoury. Four days of great music, drinkin' and fun. Last year we roughed it in tents.

Some of more well known acts will be, Old Crow Medicine Show, Ricky Skaggs, Bela Fleck, and David Grisman. And of course Del McCoury Band. Plus a whole lot of other great players you might not have heard, like Billy Strings and Chris Jacobs. Check them out if you have a chance.

Anyway, we won't be back til Monday, so you all have a nice Memorial Day Weekend. Hopefully I get back in one piece. msp_biggrin.gif

ot home about noon. The venue is out in the mountains of western Maryland called Cumberland or Allegheny. Beautiful scenery. It's a racetrack that sits in a valley.

Again, lots of amazing picking. Too may acts to actually catch them all. We brought 2 guitars and a mandolin. Some dudes from West Virginia were camped across from us, and they had stand-up bass, guitars, mandolin and banjo. We fell in with those guys and had some good jams. They were real bluegrass players and really good. I faked my bluegrass chops best I could, but I didn't do too bad. Especially considering I was playing an Ovation with no strap! msp_unsure.gif

Third and fourth days had some real downpours and our canopy got destroyed. One of the guys with us lives in historic Ellicott City, and while we were there we found out it was destroyed by a flood for the second time in two years. Luckily his house was OK, but the businesses were destroyed after just starting to recover from the 2016 flood.

I should have gotten more good photos but was busy with other things. cool.gif

Some scenery

xu9yH3wl.jpg

osTguxvl.jpg

Our campsite

aofB0qvl.jpg

pcvODcHl.jpg

Rain and the inevitable mud dancers

Q25bCHpl.jpg

8c6kwPQl.jpg

Train tracks 20 yards from our camp site and they ran all through the day and night.

osTguxvl.jpg

Archived