Gibson Brands Forums

Clutch "Hot bottom Feeder"

saturn

hey Doug,, one of the times we all met in Delaware to visit my late brother in-law, (he lived in both Ocean City and Laurel)

One night he took us to what he said was the "hottest" crab place around.

It was somewhere around the ocean city area I think. The place was just a pile of picnic tables set outside with brown paper covering the tables.

They'd bring buckets of crabs out and just dump them on these tables. It was one of the gnarliest things I've ever seen. I don't do eat food as a rule. so I got some sort of chicken sandwich, just watched in a mixture of amusement and horror.

About 2 hours later, my wifes sister (Liz) was running off to the bathroom and not having a very good time for the rest of the evening, she said she's never been sicker in her life. And I've seen what goes on with her after about 10 white Russians and THAT weren't pretty, she said "oh he11 no.. this was WAY worse.." HA!!!

hey Doug,, one of the times we all met in Delaware to visit my late brother in-law, (he lived in both Ocean City and Laurel)

It was somewhere around the ocean city area I think. The place was just a pile of picnic tables set outside with brown paper covering the tables.

They'd bring buckets of crabs out and just dump them on these tables. It was one of the gnarliest things I've ever seen. I don't do eat food as a rule. so I got some sort of chicken sandwich, just watched in a mixture of amusement and horror.

About 2 hours later, my wifes sister (Liz) was running off to the bathroom and not having a very good time for the rest of the evening, she said she's never been sicker in her life. And I've seen what goes on with her after about 10 white Russians and THAT weren't pretty, she said "oh he11 no.. this was WAY worse.." HA!!!

msp_lol.gif

lol, Ray it sounds like "Crabs to Go", on the left just shy of the bridge into OC. thats funny. sorry she had a rough time of it.

theres a small place here called Fatboys where we'll get them sometimes. I know a few watermen, and I'll just get a bushel from them and steam them myself sometimes.

I like Clutch, not sure about the crab though.

growing up on the Eastern Shore of Md, I've been eating crabs my whole life, I imagine it's the same for Jay. I'd like to have a dollar for everytime my Dad would yell "GET THE NET !". spend all day crabbing, go home and steam them up. one would inevitably get away and take off across the kitchen floor. the dog chasing it.

but I do understand peoples aversion to them. plus it's alot of work for just a little meat.

lol, Ray it sounds like "Crabs to Go", on the left just shy of the bridge into OC. thats funny. sorry she had a rough time of it.

theres a small place here called Fatboys where we'll get them sometimes. I know a few watermen, and I'll just get a bushel from them and steam them myself sometimes.

I think it was discovered later that there was a part of the crab she didn't realize she should not have consumed. Maybe you are aware of that?

Think I've heard of Fat Boys, I recall John talked about going there too one time, after the time at OC, but they all said "Ahh.. naw,, we're good..."

clutch is a great band, i've seen them live about 6-8 times. they are really cool guys as well. i got to meet them once after a show, very briefly.

jam room is probably my fav but elephant riders, pure rock fury, and the self titled disc are also great. here is their newest, i would totally vote for neil if he ran for the correct party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuphcpY5a5A&t=164s

I think it was discovered later that there was a part of the crab she didn't realize she should not have consumed. Maybe you are aware of that?

Think I've heard of Fat Boys, I recall John talked about going there too one time, after the time at OC, but they all said "Ahh.. naw,, we're good..."

yep, my dad always called them "dead man's fingers". was always told to scrape them off / not to eat them.

yep, my dad always called them "dead man's fingers". was always told to scrape them off / not to eat them.

If you mean the things like gills, we always called them the "devil'. Never eat them. but i love the "mustard" cool.gif

And regarding Clutch. Yeah, those guys put on a great show. they used to play a lot of festivals and such around here.

Archived