Gibson Brands Forums

How do i split the pickups???

jakatone

my studio has burstbucker V´s ' date=' can i split them by installing the push pull pot....any help is welcome....[/quote']

This guy might have a creative solution for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jimmy-Page-Style-Wiring-for-Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-NEW_W0QQitemZ120228955843QQihZ002QQcategoryZ47072QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Also, if the JP Burstbuckers can and are split I wonder why the regular Burstbuckers cant?

Just looked in the pot bay of my Standard with Burstbuckers and JPC. The Standard pickups have 2 conductors. The JPC has a 4 conductor wire from the bridge pickup to the push pull pot. The other 2 pickups just use 2 conductors as far as I can tell.

So, if you want to you could replace your bridge pickup with one of those shown in the Gibson wiring diagram. I think it would be worth it from my experience.

Just looked in the pot bay of my Standard with Burstbuckers and JPC. The Standard pickups have 2 conductors. The JPC has a 4 conductor wire from the bridge pickup to the push pull pot. The other 2 pickups just use 2 conductors as far as I can tell.

So' date=' if you want to you could replace your bridge pickup with one of those shown in the Gibson wiring diagram. I think it would be worth it from my experience.[/quote']

i really dig the sound of the burstbuckers,especially the bridge.do you know are the JP pups just regular burstbuckers with 4 conductors or they´re differ from the regulars.also,i didn´t see that they could be bought anywhere.and do you know which gibson pickups have 4 conductors

As far as I'm aware, the Burstbuckers that are factory fitted have a 2 conductor cable, whilst the ones you can buy off-the-shelf from a dealer have 4.

Also the Jimmy Page Burstbuckers are voiced to his spec.

Burstbuckers don't come in 4 wire at all... only the 490 series stuff... Check with Gibson though, with enough money, you can buy anything...

IMO you wouldn't want to use a Burstbucker for splitting purposes any ways they don't have much output, and may find that you only make the hum really bad (since you would have to increase gain and thus noise).

OTOH using a bridge north and neck south in parallel would be alright...

If you want to do stuff like this look at seymour, or dimarzio...

The JP pickups are not available anywhere as far as I know. I don't know the difference from standard Burstbuckers.

My 2004 Standard has Burstbuckers and I find they do have MORE punch than the 490R and 498T pickups on my 2001 Custom Shop.

A friend has a Classic with 3 Dimarzio pickups where the bridge can be switched out of phase. Outstanding!

yes FennRx that were the PUs on the first edition of JP LP in 1995. These guitars were only lp classic premium plus with gold tuners and jp wiring. Jimmy page never played on and didn't officialy recognized them as his signature. Thats why the wiring u got is about 496/500 PUs.

The PUs on the custom authentic JP signature are custom burstbuckers only available on JP signatures

IMO you wouldn't want to use a Burstbucker for splitting purposes any ways they don't have much output, and may find that you only make the hum really bad (since you would have to increase gain and thus noise).

damn,didn´t really think about that,you´re right...well,i probably won´t do it,since i grew really fond of the burstubucker pros,they are outstanding pickups

Archived