Gibson Brands Forums

It is flipping cold out

NighthawkChris

Is winter and it being cold at the same time something new?

Temps this low are pretty rare and the difference between -20 and even 0 are significant. I can deal with 0, but more than a minute out in -20 is insanity.

Also the postal workers were off yesterday and are of today in these parts.

It was around -5 when I got up this morning. Very still though. I did have the good sense to take a couple hits of Albuterol before I took the trash to the end of the driveway. That cold air has triggered some pretty scary breathing problems over the past few years.

We've broken a few records of late though. Snowiest month on record, 59.8". And snowiest season as of 1/31 at 111.6". I think in 2008 we got over 200" of snow for the season.

I plow my entire front yard. I push it back as far as I can and the yard just keeps getting smaller. By mid March I will be running out of places to push it. My daughter lives across the road and her driveway is about 100' long, sloping down. I wing it off to the side as much as is practical but I can only do that so much. The driveway is getting more and more narrow.

Last year I decided to push her snow off to the side (downhill) in a chevron pattern. It was brutal on that poor old Ford of mine. It will move snow right along with the big boys....to a point. Backing uphill when the plow is hung up on wet snow is too much to ask.

24342ee.jpg

I'm retired now, and I've very concerned about the weather. I hope I can make it through the 2 mile round trip to Starbucks and back for hot foamy drinks when Mrs comes home at lunchtime.

Wish me luck.

rct

I'm retired now, and I've very concerned about the weather. I hope I can make it through the 2 mile round trip to Starbucks and back for hot foamy drinks when Mrs comes home at lunchtime.

Wish me luck.

rct

be brave, you got this...

-4 this am in Central Mass-a-chew-setts... balmy 3 degrees now..

Well, in positive territory now in MI, but still pretty cold - more normal for this time of year. We hit -15 F last night and are expected to be just below 0 tonight. Tomorrow getting a nice 16 F high! Time to get the suntan lotion out and get rid of this pale white winter complexion msp_biggrin.gif It was nice that my work let me telecommute for work because the morning was pretty rough... It was around -12F which is pretty unbearable. Just waiting for that nice 42 F high on Saturday. Man, I better hope I don't get sunburnt! Anyhow, I know we didn't get the brunt of this polar weather, so hope all is well with everyone. Almost over with... Cheers!

1548947644[/url]' post='1975202']

It was around -5 when I got up this morning. Very still though. I did have the good sense to take a couple hits of Albuterol before I took the trash to the end of the driveway. That cold air has triggered some pretty scary breathing problems over the past few years.

We've broken a few records of late though. Snowiest month on record, 59.8". And snowiest season as of 1/31 at 111.6". I think in 2008 we got over 200" of snow for the season.

I plow my entire front yard. I push it back as far as I can and the yard just keeps getting smaller. By mid March I will be running out of places to push it. My daughter lives across the road and her driveway is about 100' long, sloping down. I wing it off to the side as much as is practical but I can only do that so much. The driveway is getting more and more narrow.

Last year I decided to push her snow off to the side (downhill) in a chevron pattern. It was brutal on that poor old Ford of mine. It will move snow right along with the big boys....to a point. Backing uphill when the plow is hung up on wet snow is too much to ask.

24342ee.jpg

200 inches of snow even here is a shitt pile of snow.

Archived