Gibson Brands Forums

Sultan's Of Swing on a Les Paul?

kyboch

• 2 weeks later...

When you play the Barre Chords 'G' 'A' 'F' and then go to the Open 'A', did you ever consider playing the Barred 'A' instead? why/why not(changing to Am is just as easy that way) ? I was too far away to see how Knopfler played it........did you use Tab of Traditional sheet music ? or figure it out by ear ?

I saw Knopfler w/Straits play this on a Les Paul....this song and 'Solid Rock' were phenomenal, but the rest of the set put me to sleep, truly bored the ssss$#!T out of me.

1 hour ago, Twang Gang said:

Nice job on the lesson.  I always loved this song and wanted to play it, but couldn't figure it out.  Now that I see how it's played, I know I'll never do it.

Yeah, he did a very nice job!!! I always wanted to know how to play it too.  After seeing this video, I know I don't have the talent to play it!

Yes great lesson...spent a week or so and got the lead licks down pretty easily...You are right, it's the rhythm part that is the hard thing to get right... second solo took a bit of practice too.

Thoroughly recommend people subscribing to your Shutup & Play Guitar channel by the way.. the 'better way to tune' video was great...👍 

• Like 1