Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Birthday Ringo Starr

jaxson50

Being one of the millions of baby boomers who watched the Fab  Four debut to American audiences on the Ed Sullivan Show I never dreamed I would be wishing Ringo a Happy 79th birthday..

It just seems wrong. Anyway,  thanks for the awesomeness that was 1/4 of The Beatles.  You guys saved us from doo whop and surf music,  we owe you much gratitude!

• Upvote 1

I have always liked Ringo. 

He's very down to earth, he's all about the peace and love, and he is the fooking click-track. 

A very good soul. 

Oh, and he loves to hang out and tour with great cats like Steve Lukather, Gregg Rolie,  Colin Hay, Warren Ham, Gregg Bissonette and Hamish Stuart. 
(and 
Rick. Derringer, Edgar Winter, Mark Farner, Richard Page, Joe Walsh, etc etc.)

🙂

13 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Being one of the millions of baby boomers who watched the Fab  Four debut to American audiences on the Ed Sullivan Show I never dreamed I would be wishing Ringo a Happy 79th birthday..

It just seems wrong. Anyway,  thanks for the awesomeness that was 1/4 of The Beatles.  You guys saved us from doo whop and surf music,  we owe you much gratitude!

Me too, and me either!

• Upvote 1