Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Country Western Demo

MorrisrownSal

I bought this guitar a short while back and I love it. It is my favorite square Gibson that I have owned, and I have owned a few. I bought it from a gent in Canada. The only thing I have done to it is shave its saddle a little to lower the action to my liking.

This is a 2014 model, and it is identical to the Sheryl Crow Country Western except for the label. That's the only difference.

By the way, the Baggs Element VTC sounds fantastic with this guitar. Other worldly.

I am going to share three demos... the first is of a Sheryl Crow that has been shared here before - from Down Under - Music Centre. It is the best Hummingbirdesque demo I have heard anywhere, and it's what got me interested in Gibson Squares.

The second is my take on the same M Ward song, but using my Martin D15. Which is what felt right that day.

The third video is of me noodling in the same style on the CW. I did this because a while back I told a forum member I would do a nice demo, and I got too busy. Tonight I had some time.

Anyways, hope you all had a great summer weekend.

Edited by ThemisSal

This is one great sounding CW. Sweeter than the (well recorded) Australian ex and stronger than your own former adjustable tusq saddle version. 

It actually already comes across like an older instrument - 5 years is something, but 8 is the number. 😏

Hope you find some deeper ground together - maybe the Board should know what steel you chose. You're not always all that straight when it comes to strings.

Enjooi

The first just sounded like an all around top notch production, great sounding guitar and seems as much talent doing the recording as well.  I didn't feel the martin represented as well - what's the pick up?  Super liked your CW.  Got a fullness to it that's sweet but to me still with a good separation of notes.  IMO...

Are you wearing a cowboy hat in the last one?

Good strong tone,  Sal.. sounds like you got a good one.  Is there a pickup in it? I think I remember that you’ve slowed down on the gig schedule, so maybe that’s not a priority.  Would love to hear more of the CW with some singing.

thanks for posting. I’ve wondered how you’re liking it so far.

Roger