Gibson Brands Forums

Strap Locks

Rocky4

I've been using Schaller for years and have never had a problem. I do have a set of Dunlops on the strap I use with my SG Junior because the Schallers poke me in the gut since the strap attaches to the back of that guitar rather than the side.

What I like about the Shallers is that they seem like a more secure design. Even if the release mechanism were to fail' date=' the strap pin is still cupped inside the the lock on the strap. With the Dunlops, it's just a pin inside of a tube where, if the release mechanism failed, the pin could slip out.

Schaller:

[img']http://melodymusiconline.com/images/schalStrpLk.jpg[/img]

Dunlop:

7.jpg

Rich nailed it indeed!

Schallers on everything I own, even the SG's and 335.

I'm padded enough on the front that I don't really get "poked" by the Schallers.

Been using them for nearly 20 years.

get the DiMarzio Clip Strap. the clip part of the strap are attached to a tiny strap that goes where the normal strap lock would go. that way the only way it could fall off is if you un-clip it. i have it on my Joker strat and they work great. Steve Vai uses them also so that could be a boost to buy them

DiMarzio Clip Strap.

Plastic.

Limited life span.

I've used 'em, wasn't that impressed with the durability aspect.

Vai probably gets 'em for free by the truck load.

I gave up looking at different brands because they simply don't compare.

Schallers will last for years.

What if the screw for the schallers dont fit (hole is to big)...ill be ****ed. Do they have diffrent sizes?

Use the screw that you took out of the guitar.

If that doesn't work break off a round tooth-pick in the hole drop in some wood glue and the screw it in.

Use the screw that you took out of the guitar.

If that doesn't work break off a round tooth-pick in the hole drop in some wood glue and the screw it in.

I use Schallers on all my guitars too...

The toothpick works, but why not make trip to the hardware store and get a screw that fits? I never liked the idea of buying an expensive guitar and gluing broken toothpicks in the screw hole. Just a thought...

Archived