Gibson Brands Forums

SG question.

LarryUK

I have a few Duesenberg Les Trem II's. They are easy to install just replacing the Stopbar. Takes just a few minutes. High quality German steel, plated with chrome, nickel or gold.. The dive bar is held in place with set screws for maximum versatility, position adjustment and has more dive range than any other similar type...

The first three are Les Trem II's, the fourth is a Stetsbar for replacing a wrap around bridge, the fifth one is a hard mount Duesenberg Tremola Short similar to a B5.

k7aiGWg.jpg

I have owned a few of them for quite while now and have not had to replace the spring, the dive bar position adjustment will compensate for any spring degradation.. One I have had for over 4 years with only minor spring compression.

My Duesenberg Les Trem II's were purchased from Rockinger in Germany ...... But you may have an easier source in your area.....

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 12:38 AM, LarryUK said:

Can you get any system to fit a Vibrola trem to an SG without drilling into the body like a Vibramate for a Bigsby? 

No, there's no adapter that lets you fit a Maestro Vibrola to the SG, as the Vibrabate does for the Bigsby.

Whoever figures that one out will probably make some $$$. 😉

3 hours ago, Navy Vet. said:

You might consider a Setsbar Pro, either the I or II. very heavy duty designed for SG with either straight or angled bridge, Comes with a Bigsby style arm. They aint cheap, 270 USD

StetsBar's are a little costly, but a good investment, very very smooth with a wide range of operation and versatile adjustments. Several different models, on Gibsons they are attached using only the existing bridge and stop bar mounts. There are hard mount styles as well and the only "wraparound bridge replacement style" that uses no extra screws. The StetsBar is heavily built but not quite as much metal as the Floyd Rose for Gibsons.

XB8qASj.jpg

Two screw bridge mount StetsBar replacing the wraparound bridge.

One nice point about these non-destructive tremolo's is you can take them off leaving no damage..

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1