Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Possible Signature J 150.


JuanCarlosVejar
 Share

Recommended Posts

Folks,

 

If this happens I take it this will the first replica of a Bozeman era guitar  instead of Kalamazoo that’s been issued by Gibson???

 

Read it here:

 

https://www.google.com.sv/amp/s/guitar.com/news/music-news/noel-gallagher-gibson-signature-acoustic/%3famp

 

 

JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thegreatgumbino said:

Personally, I would like to see a modern pick guard on it that doesn’t lose the design instead of one of the older versions like on Noel’s.

If it’s a replica of his guitar I think the regular engraved guard is going to have to be the way to go. Even the “new” blonde one has wear:

 

 

318F1D94-64CF-4C16-A5B8-9DC30279F955.jpeg


JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although my J-100xt was less than a year old, in 2001 I bought a new J-150 (natural finish) because it had a significantly different tone & neck profile when compared to the J-100.  It was a very nice guitar, but I eventually realized that it had a slightly twisted neck (which prevented dialing in an ideal setup).  It's now gone, but the J-100 remains.

And yes, all you had to do was stare at the J-150's engraving for a while & you could watch it disappear!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no dog in this hunt as not being a fan of Oasis a signature  guitar is not tempting.    As it is a recreation of a Bozeman-made model is there anything which distinguishes it structurally from a stock J150?   Where  I think Bozeman really shines when it comes to "signature" guitars is when they take a page from the Martin playbook and come up with a "and now for something completely different" instrument like the Jackson Browne Model.   So hey Gibson  how about say a Spider John Koerner Signature 7 string?

koerner.jpg

Edited by zombywoof
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thegreatgumbino said:

🙄

I love how people that don't care about guitars such as this one (or other topics) have to chime in and poo poo it all for the sake of a post count.  It adds nothing to the conversation.

I'm not here to boost my post count as you say. I'm here to learn and share my ideas and opinions, that is what a forum is for. Show me in the rules where is says I have to like everything Gibson does? I've owned about 30+ of their guitars.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm not here to boost my post count as you say. I'm here to learn and share my ideas and opinions, that is what a forum is for. Show me in the rules where is says I have to like everything Gibson does? I've owned about 30+ of their guitars.

 

My comment wasn't directed at you.

I'm in an irritable mood today and shouldn't have posted this.  Original post amended, though it's been quoted by Sgt. Pepper for posterity.   Apologies.

Edited by thegreatgumbino
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I’m just going to stay away from this forum at this point.You try to generate healthy discussions about Gibson Acoustic guitars and it ends up turning into something else.

 

The fact of the matter is we don’t all have to be fans of a signature artist that works with Gibson.
 

Even if you hate Gallagher the guy plays a Gibson and he is saying in the interview that he wrote a bunch of his songs on a Gibson.

 

If this signature guitar comes out I hope they sell out so Gibson can continue to exist.
 


JC

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

I think I’m just going to stay away from this forum at this point.You try to generate healthy discussions about Gibson Acoustic guitars and it ends up turning into something else.

 

The fact of the matter is we don’t all have to be fans of a signature artist that works with Gibson.
 

Even if you hate Gallagher the guy plays a Gibson and he is saying in the interview that he wrote a bunch of his songs on a Gibson.

 

If this signature guitar comes out I hope they sell out so Gibson can continue to exist.
 


JC

 

Just because someone is or is not a fan of everything Gibson puts out and makes a comment you or someone else does or doesn't like is no need to go. We all got opinions and are allowed to express them. Your a big boy and can make up your own mind on what you need to do.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just because someone is or is not a fan of everything Gibson puts out and makes a comment you or someone else does or doesn't like is no need to go. We all got opinions and are allowed to express them. Your a big boy and can make up your own mind on what you need to do.


I want to talk about guitars. This is a forum for talking about guitars ... If that can’t be done without people dragging in other things  then I have 0 interest.I also have 0 interest in raining on other people’s parade.

 

I can tell you are pretty new here.

Everyone who knows me knows I’m not a Gibson fan boy. And that while I don’t like everything Gibson does I still respect other people’s conversations about it.

 

As I’ve grown older ... I’ve realized  that whatever time is spent on a guitar forum isn’t time you want to spend arguing about random things.

 

 

All the best !

 

 

 

JC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope it wasnt me.   I look at it this way.  If thats what it takes to sell a J150. Theres something wrong.    Every guitar Gibson comes out with has a entertainers name scribbled on it some where. 
 

J150 is a good guitar .   But it does not warrent additional money to buy one with a sig on it. 
 

Noel had the Epiphone   , for something that he played on stage.  It was different and cool at the same time.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

 

I can tell you are pretty new her

JC

Not really. That is all I'm gonna say about that. This forum is no different than any other. Stuff gets dragged in and it happens. Do what you gotta do. If your feeling or pride are gonna get hurt cause someone makes an off comment, well maybe forums aren't for you. Happens on everyone I belong to.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, slimt said:

Hope it wasnt me.   I look at it this way.  If thats what it takes to sell a J150. Theres something wrong.    Every guitar Gibson comes out with has a entertainers name scribbled on it some where.

Yes that does get old, but so is making a guitar that is 4 days old look 50 years old. I don't agree with it, but its not my company and I've owned signature guitars. And not because who's name is on it, but due to the specs. Least we forget every single person on this forum that owns a Les Paul, owns a signature guitar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not really. That is all I'm gonna say about that. This forum is no different than any other. Stuff gets dragged in and it happens. Do what you gotta do. If your feeling or pride are gonna get hurt cause someone makes an off comment, well maybe forums aren't for you. Happens on everyone I belong to.


Pride or Feelings have nothing to do with it.

I want to talk guitars .Nothing more.

Stuff might get dragged in but I just don’t want to have to sift through it to find actual material related to guitars.

You’d be surprised how quick one page can turn into a saga of 10 or more pages of crap.

 

It’s happened on this forum before.

And I just don’t want it to happen again.

 

I’ve been on other forums for many years and only one of those has remained very respectful as time has passed ... It’s not this one.

 

Once more to you and everyone here All The Best !!!!

 

 

 

 

JC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:


Pride or Feelings have nothing to do with it.

I want to talk guitars .Nothing more.

Stuff might get dragged in but I just don’t want to have to sift through it to find actual material related to guitars.

You’d be surprised how quick one page can turn into a saga of 10 or more pages of crap.

 

It’s happened on this forum before.

And I just don’t want it to happen again.

 

I’ve been on other forums for many years and only one of those has remained very respectful as time has passed ... It’s not this one.

 

Once more to you and everyone here All The Best !!!!

 

 

 

 

JC

Your right. Maybe that is the one for you. Sometimes I wonder if people here play their guitars at all. All most want to discuss is how great a J-45 is, and nothing more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:


Pride or Feelings have nothing to do with it.

I want to talk guitars .Nothing more.

Stuff might get dragged in but I just don’t want to have to sift through it to find actual material related to guitars.

You’d be surprised how quick one page can turn into a saga of 10 or more pages of crap.

 

It’s happened on this forum before.

And I just don’t want it to happen again.

 

I’ve been on other forums for many years and only one of those has remained very respectful as time has passed ... It’s not this one.

 

Once more to you and everyone here All The Best !!!!

 

 

 

 

JC


we have different ideas on what guitars are and what they sound like.    You post alot of good stuff.  But this is my take on what I see.   This is what I like or dislike.    Its not aimed at you Juan.  Its just the idea of some meger entertainer .  les Paul was the creator of the fine guitars at one time.   I respect that.    Or Loar with his stuff.      But a name on a guitar is just a name. With little value.    
 

I do appreciate the fact that Gibson is trying to turn things around.    I hope they do well.    
 

if I created any sore spots with you.  My appologies 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your right. Maybe that is the one for you. Sometimes I wonder if people here play their guitars at all. All most want to discuss is how great a J-45 is, and nothing more.


I would discuss the J150 on its own merit.  Ive owned a few.  And had nothing neg to say.   A stripped down j200   But all the tone of a j200. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, slimt said:

But a name on a guitar is just a name. With little value.    

It has value to Gibson who do it to sell more units, or they would not do it. And possibly the person who bought it due to the fact that said artists name is on it. Its not new by any stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It has value to Gibson who do it to sell more units, or they would not do it. And possibly the person who bought it due to the fact that said artists name is on it. Its not new by any stretch.


to some it may matter. Just not  my tastes.  I didnt buy the Ray whitley SJ200  , or the Smeck or Wes Montgomery .  They looked nice but ..   to each there own.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, Juan Carlos, I hope you don't shuffle off just because of this stuff.  It is virtually impossible to introduce topics (or participate in them) on forums without someone somewhere  seeing some different aspect and introducing a sidebar that is "off the main topic".  This happens on all forums -- it's just how people are.

Just my two cents' worth, but I hope you let this water flow off your back.

Fred

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...