Gibson Brands Forums

Concerts

Sgt. Pepper

8 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I was supposed to gig tonight. I would have been the concert.

Not much I can do about that though.

Nope not at all.

I just got an e-mail the other day the my Tommy Emmanuel concert that was supposed to be last month in April, that had already been postponed to this September is now going to be in May 2021. Jason Isbell has already been postponed a year. It was gonna happen in late this July I think.

Not complaining just sharing. Cause that is what a forum is, a place to share. Just like that big Dinosaur said Sharing Is Caring.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nope not at all.

I just got an e-mail the other day the my Tommy Emmanuel concert that was supposed to be last month in April, that had already been postponed to this September is now going to be in May 2021. Jason Isbell has already been postponed a year. It was gonna happen in late this July I think.

Not complaining just sharing. Cause that is what a forum is, a place to share. Just like that big Dinosaur said Sharing Is Caring.

postponed concerts is the least important thing happening next to your posts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jvi said:

postponed concerts is the least important thing happening next to your posts

I know genius. I said I'm not complain about it. I'm sharing. If you are Canadian worry about your own country. Covid is a world problem, but what happened is the States is ours and ours to fix, and I don't need you or Neil Young (who is now an American citizen telling me what to do or who to vote for or that I'm bad for what I say).

If you are Canadian. If not sorry for being mean, Ringo please forgive me.

You came around a while back starting trouble with me. I rarley if ever post anything about politics or religion. You wanted to start stirring the pot about the recent events in the USA.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jvi said:

poor you

I Know. I need help got any advice. So are you a Canuck? Cause I live in the USA and served for 23 years without ever holding a gun (well had to shot a piston and rifle in bootcamp). I was an electrician and fuse pullers were my weapon of choice.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jvi said:

very proud Canadian  65 years old , red neck hippy is me, hope things get better with our neighbours to the south...

Love Canada went there on my honeymoon. Been to Toronto and Vancouver and Montreal several times.  It just aggravates me when rock stars and actors and people form other counties tell us  Americans what we need to do and  and who to vote for.  Cause at 53 I can't make up my own mind. I need Neil Young to tell me which candidate is the best. You have been an American citizen for 5 months. Shut your pie hole Neil and make music. That's your job. If you want to yap about politics put the guitar down a run or office.

Things need to get better in the entire world not just here or in the Great White North.

Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary came out Friday. Think I'll rock that today. It's my fav Rush album.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Hey Pepper don't feeding the trolls!! Some of them are known to touch themselves while in the act.

I know but its fun to rub sand paper on his d-ick. Talk all you want about Trudeau and Canada, but shut it about the USA.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know but its fun to rub sand paper on his d-ick. Talk all you want about Trudeau and Canada, but shut it about the USA.

we have freedom of speech like you so keep rubbing your own and quit posting constantly on every topic

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have not said anything bad about America.

21 minutes ago, jvi said:

I have not said anything bad about America.

Yet you're watching all the bad news and posting about it. Just to stir up controversy. You're right you do have freedom of speech but talk about your own damn country cuz we all know what you're implying.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Have you considered streaming a concert?   You can actually reach a lot of peoplethat way.   The pay sucks in the beginning but if people end up watching regularly, you can generate money.  Something to think about.  If you need help with how to stream let me know. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've thought about it, but what I miss about gigging is the live interaction with the audience. I watch them, pace them, talk to them on the mic, tell lame jokes, have running gags with them, and basically play with them. They feed me and that lets me know what to feed them which makes them feed more back to me and so on.

We played one restaurant for 12 years and two owners. They want us back at the end of October IF the economy is decent and COVID is under control.

There is an RV Park that has 600 Canadian RVs and another 300 US RVs every winter. They also hire us in the Summer but only one day per month in the summer as they don't have entertainment that much in the slow season. Still, I'm missing that one too. And all the assorted one-nighters at assorted yacht clubs, country clubs, and retirement developments.

Come winter, the French Canadians are a lot of fun to entertain. Even though there is a language barrier, we can communicate without resorting to the translate app. When the US people are ready to go to bed, the French Canadians are still partying and when the gig is over the venue is still full and happy. They hit the dance floor on the first song and are still there on the last one.

Playing live to an audience is my bliss. COVID took that away, but of course the disease wasn't picking on me personally, it was just being a good virus that happens to be very bad for humans.

I can make more money writing aftermarket style e-disks and fake e-disks for Band-in-a-Box than I could probably make at first streaming. Leilani and I are working on new software now. It takes months to finish a product, but we have savings and social security enough to get by on until then.

I have an e-mail list of about 10,000 customers or potential customers (opt in only). Of those, about 2,000 are regular customers. They have all they want from me so I need to make more product.

Leilani (wife, duo partner) and I get along very well, so being confined with each other is a joy. But we both miss gigging, it's our second favorite thing to do ;)

Notes

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jvi said:

Im not implying anything and I havnt posted news- 

watched violence on the news... SO SAD   SO BAD   WHERE IS PEACE AND LOVE ?

No I guess not. Oh wait the above sentence are your words not mine.

So where is this violence happening your not posting about?

Take your hippy c-rap and shove it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

watched violence on the news... SO SAD   SO BAD   WHERE IS PEACE AND LOVE ?

No I guess not. Oh wait the above sentence are your words not mine.

So where is this violence happening your not posting about?

Take your hippy c-rap and shove it.

where isnt there violence? here in Canada we have had a lot lately, we have covid unchecked in places and yes I think the WORLD  has too much violence and crap going on

15 minutes ago, jvi said:

where isnt there violence? here in Canada we have had a lot lately, we have covid unchecked in places and yes I think the WORLD  has too much violence and crap going on

Oh but what just happened in Minneapolis we all knew what you were implying come on Mister Canadian get over yourself

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Oh but what just happened in Minneapolis we all knew what you were implying come on Mister Canadian get over yourself

Here for 6 months and already 400 'Likes'  - yet 3/4 of what you post is negative. Wow.     And the rest is like your opening post here - "I can't go to a concert, poor me."  Then when someone suggests it's a First World Problem - you immediately attack his Nationality.   Neither JVI, nor his nationality should be denigrated.   Ever hear the term  "Race, Color, NATIONAL ORIGIN, Sex, Religion or Age."  ?     You mention Boot Camp and being a Navy veteran (E-8?) often.  Didn't you also mention you drove another member away - whose sign on was .... "NAVYVET"?    When I was in the Navy - we looked forward to Canadian Navy visits, because they knew how to drink beer.  And hold it without getting ugly.  We also didn't have pistols or rifles in Boot Camp.  Funny.   We have enough divisiveness all over - you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.  Pick one. 

• Like 1

back bacon is under toque to keep warm, coats on cuz we love outdoor beers-dont eat the mouse in beer!!! ( will eat worm in mescale)  "take off eh !  favorite saying   yep Im a hoser!!   ps  didnt bob and doug just go to space ?  (sorry ,wrong bob and doug)

Edited by jvi
addition

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Here for 6 months and already 400 'Likes'  - yet 3/4 of what you post is negative. Wow.     And the rest is like your opening post here - "I can't go to a concert, poor me."  Then when someone suggests it's a First World Problem - you immediately attack his Nationality.   Neither JVI, nor his nationality should be denigrated.   Ever hear the term  "Race, Color, NATIONAL ORIGIN, Sex, Religion or Age."  ?     You mention Boot Camp and being a Navy veteran (E-8?) often.  Didn't you also mention you drove another member away - whose sign on was .... "NAVYVET"?    When I was in the Navy - we looked forward to Canadian Navy visits, because they knew how to drink beer.  And hold it without getting ugly.  We also didn't have pistols or rifles in Boot Camp.  Funny.   We have enough divisiveness all over - you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.  Pick one. 

I'm not a 13 year old girl here for "likes". I think that should be taken off the forum. Yes a forum  is kind of social media but leave that garbage for Instagram and Twitter and add your "likes" there. And it's not the first time he started s-hit with me. He wants to argue we can argue or discuss if you prefer that word. 

Why don't you go back to the acoustic page and you guys can post about your J-45 first world problems.

Yeah you're right I missed a concert the other night and now my life is completely over.

Why sit around and watch all the bad stuff that happens all day on TV and then come here and post about it. Cuz you want to start an argument about it that's why. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I ask this without malice, this is a sincere question. Can you come over to the lounge and visit without your boxing gloves on? I would love for you to hang with us and join in the fun. It appears that the only time you come over here is to mix it up with others.

There is a few here that bother the hell out of me here too, I use the ignore feature and it works very well. I highly recommend using it before going for the heavyweight belt here on the electric side of the house. This advice is intended for the  jvi too.  

Edited by Big Bill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1