Gibson Brands Forums

Name your most embarrassing moment in Public.

Retired

I'm not sure I have one I can remember but Deb said, "It was when I let a really loud fart in a busy store and I said: "Dang, Debbie, That was Real Bad.!"  Guess I was waving my hand to get the awful smell away and then walked away from her. Everyone was looking at her with a frown and covering their nose.   That must have been when we first married? 

Retired I would have been instantly celibate at that moment had I done that.

I was faculty at a work conference in 1995 at a meeting  at the Ritz Carlton in Rancho Mirage California eating the provided  buffet. I just met the songwriter for the TV show Bonanza and the song Que Sera Sera (Mr. Livingston).  His wife (about 45 years younger than he was - my guess) was standing next to me at the buffet table and she said, "Excuse me but you still have the Ross Clearance sticker on your pants."  It was in front of everyone there and loud enough to hear it. I looked down and sure enough a florescent pink Ross (discount store) Clearance sticker was there - one of those long ones that goes half way down the leg. I said, "10 years ago I would have been mortified, now it's just funny, don't you think?"  She didn't crack a smile and just walked off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tman said:

Retired I would have been instantly celibate at that moment had I done that.

I was faculty at a work conference in 1995 at a meeting  at the Ritz Carlton in Rancho Mirage California eating the provided  buffet. I just met the songwriter for the TV show Bonanza and the song Que Sera Sera (Mr. Livingston).  His wife (about 45 years younger than he was - my guess) was standing next to me at the buffet table and she said, "Excuse me but you still have the Ross Clearance sticker on your pants."  It was in front of everyone there and loud enough to hear it. I looked down and sure enough a florescent pink Ross (discount store) Clearance sticker was there - one of those long ones that goes half way down the leg. I said, "10 years ago I would have been mortified, now it's just funny, don't you think?"  She didn't crack a smile and just walked off.

Apparently she recognized it right off.   Trophy Wife ? 

• Like 1

One time years ago, my wife had a bunch of coupons for free food items at this local deli. I don't even know how she got them.  Our kids were very young and we barely had 2 pennies to scrape together then. I didn't want to go and look like some schmuk just getting a bunch of free stuff. She brow beat me until I reluctantly went off with the coupons and like $3 cash. After getting lunch meat, milk whatever else it was I took everything to check out and put it all on the conveyor belt and handed the girl all these coupons. She joked and commented wow that's some good coupons or something like that.  Anyway even after all the free coupons, I still owed a few bucks for taxes or something. I went into my wallet and was like $1 short. All these people in line behind me waiting to check out and I'm holding up the line with all my free crap and still a buck short! I couldn't make eye contact with anyone. The cahier just let me slide on the $. I slinked out of there with no self esteem at all. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I'm sure Deb is a both trophy & more. Be sure to something nice next month's anniversary. 

Thanks so much. Actually she loves joking around and laughing with me more than most know. She was describing a movie to me in 2 parts today. I said, I never saw the 1st one. Then she was telling a part about taking the teeth out of a dead person when I said, "Is that the one with the good looking nude woman standing on top of the stairs?" "Thats the only part I remember." My gosh, I didn't think she was ever going to stop laughing so hard. Haha, she said; "That's just like you, The only part you remember!"  Then I said, "No, that was the only part of the movie that was good!"  Then she must have laughed another 5 minutes.  I said, "Well, I'm just normal like any other guy!"    Hey, I'll look if they want to show it off!! Never heard her in such hysterics before. 

12 minutes ago, saturn said:

One time years ago, my wife had a bunch of coupons for free food items at this local deli. I don't even know how she got them.  Our kids were very young and we barely had 2 pennies to scrape together then. I didn't want to go and look like some schmuk just getting a bunch of free stuff. She brow beat me until I reluctantly went off with the coupons and like $3 cash. After getting lunch meat, milk whatever else it was I took everything to check out and put it all on the conveyor belt and handed the girl all these coupons. She joked and commented wow that's some good coupons or something like that.  Anyway even after all the free coupons, I still owed a few bucks for taxes or something. I went into my wallet and was like $1 short. All these people in line behind me waiting to check out and I'm holding up the line with all my free crap and still a buck short! I couldn't make eye contact with anyone. The cahier just let me slide on the $. I slinked out of there with no self esteem at all. 

Yeah, That would be bad wouldn't it. Seemed I had something similar way way back but nothing to do with coupons. Thought I had to put an item back.  I was overpaid back $20.00 once also. Didn't notice it till I was counting the cash a half block away. Everyone told me to just put the extra cash in my wallet.  Nah: Thats not right I said, It will come out of the gals paycheck so I took the $20.00 back to her and explained her mistake.  She was very grateful. I'm not out to rob anyone in this world. 

• Like 1