Gibson Brands Forums

your own finish

tgb126

this question is already stuck in my head for a while so i would like to ask you: if you could design your own finish how would it look. (as a kind of your trademark)

i myself would go for a heritage sun burst with a blue maple leaf on the left side under (

practical the only place where i want to put a mark)

I don't know man... for me gibsons are meant to show as much wood as possible (didn't realize til I took off the pickguard from the guitar in the picture)... when (if) I want a guitar with a special detail that outs it as being my guitar, I will buy an ibanez and just ad a sticker.

I don't know man... for me gibsons are meant to show as much wood as possible (didn't realize til I took off the pickguard from the guitar in the picture)... when (if) I want a guitar with a special detail that outs it as being my guitar' date=' I will buy an ibanez and just ad a sticker.[/quote']

true ( thats why i like heritage cherry sunburst more then ebony because it shows more wood) but for exemple the epiphone les paul plus has the color blue and still shows of the wood fine

...well i think that this would work out better on a ibanez to but just didn`t see a forum about it yet so i made one

It would have to be a solid flame maple SG '61 reissue, with the CORRECT symmetry,body contours & bevels (not what Gibson is putting out now) and the finish would be natural high gloss flame maple,with gold plated hardware, and white mother-of-pearl pickguard & control plate. The truss rod cover would be gold plated, with the inscription SG Ultimate.

This one was up for sale a while back.

MurphyBrockburstsmall-1.jpg

It was made especially to be a copy of the famous 'Brockburst' and was finished by the ubiquitous Tom Murphy. It was even allocated the same serial number.

Just as well I didn't see it at the time - I'd have been driven mad with desire and might have sold the house.........

Archived