Gibson Brands Forums

Dreamed about a weird J45

ksdaddy

Last night I dreamed I tried out a new J45. Except it wasn’t normal. Stuff almost never is in a dream. 

This one had a uniform stain on the entire guitar, very much like the nutmeg color seen on the Ovation John Lennon style, maybe darker. Not a normal finish regardless. The finish had a rustic look, but much more subtle and “believable” than Martin’s current offering of “guitars that are new but look beat to hell”.

The oddest thing was the fretboard. It was WALNUT and was heavily lacquered like a maple necked Fender. I remember thinking about a Herb Ellis I once owned and no amount of polishing would make that fretboard smooth. In my dream, I thought, well, they’ve figured a workaround for THAT. 

Not exactly going to call Music Villa to put in an order but it was intriguing. 

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

Last night I dreamed I tried out a new J45. Except it wasn’t normal. Stuff almost never is in a dream. 

This one had a uniform stain on the entire guitar, very much like the nutmeg color seen on the Ovation John Lennon style, maybe darker. Not a normal finish regardless. The finish had a rustic look, but much more subtle and “believable” than Martin’s current offering of “guitars that are new but look beat to hell”.

The oddest thing was the fretboard. It was WALNUT and was heavily lacquered like a maple necked Fender. I remember thinking about a Herb Ellis I once owned and no amount of polishing would make that fretboard smooth. In my dream, I thought, well, they’ve figured a workaround for THAT. 

Was it a Covid fever dream?

Gibson just read your post and its now in production as the 73rd different model of J-45.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Crazy dream, but at least it was about guitars.lol