Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Shop/Made2Measure

pcf

Has anyone had Gibson build them a guitar via the Made2Measure program?  Don Ruffatto told me they can make customs through a dealer nowadays.  Any specific dealer recommendations?  I know they did this quite some time ago but I didn’t know they were doing it now.

I did it lots through a dealer in Montana back in the 90s.   1 Brazilian SJ200 , 1 Brazilian J2000.  3 Brazilian AJs , 1 Birdseye AJ  ice tea burst  1  1994 Sj200 in Old east indian that has the appearance of Brazilian , with the superjumbo 200 scribed on the heal cap    ,  all signed underneath the tops from those that had a hand in building each guitar.    

these had to be ordered through a dealer. I had my choice of using my Brazillian or Gibsons stash  . I used mine as it was already bought , but..    It was the purchase of each guitar in production.  Then I used a form to fill out my request on what I wanted as features.   Thats when the $$$$ goes up.    Now back then  a custom  guitar was actually built in the custom shop. Under Rens Guidance   . 

its probably the same now. In todays builds  but your wood selections are limited unless you can discuss with the Gibson Dealer about using wood from your personal stash and permits that are required to keep everyone from getting in trouble. 

you can add features block inlays, script or block pearl logos, flowerpot or torch inlays. Binding selections   But it comes now with a Hefty price. 

not sure if thats the info your looking for  

On 2/2/2021 at 8:32 PM, pcf said:

Has anyone had Gibson build them a guitar via the Made2Measure program?  Don Ruffatto told me they can make customs through a dealer nowadays.  Any specific dealer recommendations?  I know they did this quite some time ago but I didn’t know they were doing it now.

Call Fuller’s Guitar in Houston, TX: 713-880-2188

They are incredible !

JC

• 2 weeks later...