Gibson Brands Forums

I'm gonna be on a live album (not performing)

Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That you would not want to hear. I'm a better listener than a player.

Gee, I thought everyone on here played better than me? Haha. I can play good, I just keep making mistakes a lot. Anyone else do that? For instance, playing Pipeline from the Ventures, I start off with the double picking real fast going from the 12 fret to the first on the low E string, and sometimes it great and other times I miss a pick. 

41 minutes ago, Pinch said:

If you were there and they didn't tell you they were recording, I think you're entitled to either 

a,  a chunk of the royalties, or

b, some nachos. 

Next time I meet Jason I'll ask him for a plate of Supreme Nacho's. I met him the first time I saw him those days are over.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Next time I meet Jason I'll ask him for a plate of Supreme Nacho's. I met him the first time I saw him those days are over.

I don't know his music, but I do know nachos. 

Is there a Quarantine Derangement Syndrome? Quarantine Dementia? If so, I think I have it. 

Also having nachos right now.  Muy yummy. 

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

I don't know his music, but I do know nachos. 

Is there a Quarantine Derangement Syndrome? Quarantine Dementia? If so, I think I have it. 

Also having nachos right now.  Muy yummy. 

I have tix to see him in June. That will be time number 9 or 10 if it happens.

23 hours ago, Retired said:

Gee, I thought everyone on here played better than me? Haha. I can play good, I just keep making mistakes a lot. Anyone else do that? For instance, playing Pipeline from the Ventures, I start off with the double picking real fast going from the 12 fret to the first on the low E string, and sometimes it great and other times I miss a pick. 

[wink]  Try playing "Pipeline" from The Chantays.   [cool]  In the words of the late, great  DOBIE GRAY---  "The original's still the greatest".  [cool]

Whitefang

9 hours ago, Whitefang said:

[wink]  Try playing "Pipeline" from The Chantays.   [cool]  In the words of the late, great  DOBIE GRAY---  "The original's still the greatest".  [cool]

Whitefang

I haven't heard the Chantay's version much since I was a kid,  I had to go back and listen to it.  That E string run down isn't pronounced as much in the Ventures version is it?  Yeah, I agree with you. It is difficult double picking that fast going down consistently to the 1st fret  without screwing up some time. As a teen, I was much faster than I am now. Still a great song and I play it a lot.