Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Epiphone Inspired by Gibson Hummingbird Aged Cherry Burst

thegreatgumbino

I don't want to sound like sour grapes and I'm glad that those of you that have bought these IBG Epis are happy with them.  But I find it sort of amusing that repeatedly people say "the fit and finish is great" and then go on to detail that the pick guard is curling up, the binding is rough up and down the neck, the nut is cut poorly etc. etc.  The guy in the demo can't keep either of his in tune and blames it on old strings.  Oh and by the way the pickup is going to be replaced as well cause it doesn't sound very good.  Just sayin.

• Thanks 1

I think the Epiphone all-solid-woods acoustics are getting better and better. They can't compete with the USA-made models, but they are good enough to get playing on a really decent guitar, and bad enough that you are bound to double-dip for the real Gibson thing later on. Mission accomplished.

Edited by Leonard McCoy
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I've bought mine a on september, and it has a fastidious buzzing on strings, above all on the first three frets.  I've turned off the trussroad and High the bridge with a plastic crossbar positioned below it, and it sounds quite better..To me thi is  quite strange for a guitar that costs over 800 bucks, but now it works and it's good..Just a little hard to play but better than a continuous rattling sound of the strings all over the neck!...

42 minutes ago, maurizio.tancre said:

Hi,

I've bought mine a on september, and it has a fastidious buzzing on strings, above all on the first three frets.  I've turned off the trussroad and High the bridge with a plastic crossbar positioned below it, and it sounds quite better..To me thi is  quite strange for a guitar that costs over 800 bucks, but now it works and it's good..Just a little hard to play but better than a continuous rattling sound of the strings all over the neck!...

I’ve noticed many new guitars that have a high third fret. I would first try to tap it down but normally I file it down and recrown  it. Keeps from having to raise everything. Any competent guitar tech should be able to check this and correct it.