Gibson Brands Forums

50 Years Ago This Was Released

Sgt. Pepper

41 minutes ago, Retired said:

I am sure they have a lot of imitators doing them. These guys we saw had the early Beatles haircuts, those Beatle high shoes, Beatles marked on the drum, wore the early Beatles suits, even the guy that was playing the part of Paul had the left handed bass. Looking at them, they all looked just like each real Beatle. It would have been very hard to beat these guys as they had the whole act down. If I remember, I thought they won some award for their act and also played for the President back then. 

I saw a Beatles tribute band at Marriott's Great America (a theme park) its called something different now. It was New Years Eve in the early 80's. They did an early show in the early suits and a later show with the Pepper suits on. Best Beatles tribute band I ever saw. I think they were called Rain.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw a Beatles tribute band at Marriott's Great America (a theme park) its called something different now. It was New Years Eve in the early 80's. They did an early show in the early suits and a later show with the Pepper suits on. Best Beatles tribute band I ever saw. I think they were called Rain.

RAIN is a Beatles tribute band that formed in the late '70's and actually eventually became a Broadway production.  Over the years they've had a steady turnover of line-up personnel.  Likely, in the early '80's you probably saw the original line-up.

Whitefang

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

RAIN is a Beatles tribute band that formed in the late '70's and actually eventually became a Broadway production.  Over the years they've had a steady turnover of line-up personnel.  Likely, in the early '80's you probably saw the original line-up.

Whitefang

Yeah they were fantastic.

• Like 1